First Generation Works MINI John Cooper Works 2003 - 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Value if Competiom Edition

I have a lowish KMs Competition Edition, and am trying to get my head around it’s current value (it’s #9). Also, if I were to sell it, I’m not even sure what the best channel would be, as most folks I talk to have a hard time distinguishing it from a regular Cooper S, let alone something with a JCW package, or adds.
I very much thank y’all for your thoughts and advice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2019, 07:21 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

go online find all the details and any car reviews that model had when it was new and add that to the add for sale, not all cars suit all owners whats good to one person wont be for thousands i have found anything sells when the right person arrives for it, but what i have found always have it spotlessly clean at point of sale, wash just before someone turns up etc, also go check others like for a price guide and rule of thumb is to be just under all the cars that look as good as yours, chance are if limited people looking for a car chances are price will make them see yours first, and as long as yours is all sorted it will sell. i always service car before selling it and do any faults anything that makes someone have a chance of walking away because its not ready to sell,, as body damage needs sorting and having the history all up to date a must and point that out id advert , also point out its rare collectable etc, ebay is as good as anywhere, little tip they do a classified add option its around £20 for a whole month that a bargain,, then just sit back and wait. also worth advert in a collectors car mag someone might just get that its a future classic ie another 10 years will be doubling ts value, hmmm thats if the bunch or morons in this government have not banned all cars by then as a ideology punt as they always have so far

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you for your thorough and well thought out feedback.

All are great thoughts, and much appreciated.

The thing is, I’m not even really sure where to start, because I don’t know how to find out what it *should* be worth. There were only 64 of them ever made, and only in Canada, so it’s quite hard to find reference for what they are selling for recently (it’s even entirely possible that *none* of them may have sold recently at all, even).

So, you see. my predicament.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2019, 06:59 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it was drummed in to me years a go by a old guy who spent his life buying and selling stuff, so work out what you would sell for and what you would not price in the middle .. i've given up trying to second guess what something might sell for, i have long since worked out price it at what dont give to much regret by selling it, i see a lot of people price cars like what a forecourt price them and then moan it dont sell, as a forecourt add warranty's and comeback to their cars and tend to be more tidy and sorted from the off but all someone pays for the profit they need as a business.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in