MINI Cooper Forum banner

My new MINI One D

6K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  humph 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all! (I really do hope I am posting in the right place!!)

New to the mini fold, have just bought a 2006(06) Mini One D. My younger bro got one a few weeks ago and it turned me! Coming from a Citroen C2, the Mini is better in every way! Paid 13.5k for it (not taking the trade in for the C2 into account) think it was a fair price looking at Autotrader and Mini Cherished prices. Could not justify the insurance on cooper etc as only 19.

It has a few extras:

17" R99 polished double-spoke alloys,
Harmon Kardon sound system - very very impressed by this!
Half leather seats
Alarm (presume this is different to central locking?!)
Zip decal on the roof
Chili pack
Tinted privacy glass to rear

Roll on two weeks to delivery! Anything I should look out for?

P.S does anyone know what power the Harmon Kardon system is? (watts?)

Thanks guys!

it wont let me post pics until I have made 5 posts or more - will put some up soon as

See less See more
#2 ·
car sounds amazing and welcome :) yeah the alarm is part of it thow its activated and decativetaed by the central locking button on the minis remote key

#4 ·
Its black, with body coloured roof. The wheels are polished but look allmost antrachite. Interior is also black, with greyish seat centres and leather sides. I can see im gonna go bankrupt though, so many cool little things that can be bought for them (dont worry its not gonna be blinged up!), was browsing the lohen site for ages last night!

#6 ·
#10 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! Hopefully the post count is gettin nearer so I can get some pics up!

Welcome to MINI2 and congrats on your new buy. Sounds like a lovely car, would have had a one D myself (high miles) if I could have found one with a spec like that.

I noticed your location so don't forget to drop in here and say hi.

We're having a pub meet just south of Preston on Wednesday, drop by if you fancy it, details on front page of first post.:)
Thanks for the welcome! I am at Uni at the mo, so wont be able to make it! Thanks for the offer though! Plus I've got another week and abit to wait for the car :killer:

Welcome aboard.

Car sounds mint, didn't know they did the OneD with the Chilli pack though?

Where abouts you from? I'm not so far away, in sunny Morecambe/Warsaw.
Hi! Nearest bigish town to me is Lancaster. I am completley knew to MINI's but thats what the sales guy said (r.e the chilli pack), what does the chilli pack include? He said it had something to do with it having the half leather seats?

D sounds lovely, I too have had a Re mapped D, one of the best cars I had :D
What was the perfomance like? Might look into this in a year or so, the car is definatley for keeps for the forseable future! If you dont mind me asking, what was the cost like?

Another thing i wanted to ask was, I have done some reading and the One D's came with 75 bhp and 88 bhp throughout their lives, I know mine is the 88 bhp version, whats the 0-60? reviews put it at 11.5 for the 88bhp variant. But the Mini Cherished site seems to state a flat 13.5 for BOTH variants?!

Thanks people, and sorry about all the questions!

#16 ·
Thanks, hope it will be with me for a while! Do you mean add clear indicator lenses on the wing when you say de orange? Was looking at some silver grills which incorporate a clear lense on the lohen site, think they were around £50

You'll probably see me about in the Lancaster area then. It's on my doorstep lol.
Cool, live inbetween Kendal and Lancaster, went to school in lancaster, so when I'm back from uni allways there seeing friends etc. Will look out for yours!

#27 ·
Thanks! Well I think it sounds like a job even I could manage!

Where did you get those lenses from and how much? Im still not sure whether to go for the lohen silver grille and clear lense combo or just a blackend lense!

#31 ·
Thanks for the offer will bear it in mind if I do decide to buy one, allthough to be honest it wont be for a while! :frown:

As a side note, are just the aero grilles a difficult thing to fit, noticed some designed for ONE's and Coopers on the Lohen site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.