Which options would you go for on a new car? - Page 2 - MINI Cooper Forum

General Discussion Use this forum to discuss MINI topics which are not related to other forums. Posts may be moved from here to alternative forums by the moderators without notice

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 11:44 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI One Seven

Local Time: 02:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View M.O.S's Pepper White & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile

Definately go for the heated windscreen especially if it doesn't go in the garage. Once you've had it, you'll want it for ever. Also a sport button would be nice, but it depends on your feelings towards blank switches. A chili pack is a must though.

The Original MINI One Seven
Yorkshire MINI Register - PM for details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
* Lab Rat *

Local Time: 03:18 PM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View ayde_bury's Pepper White & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Convertible Profile

I'm picking up my new S on Monday.

Added the basic bluetooth as I wanted the USB port for MP3 music Also Chilli pack has always been a must as value for money, and helping with the resale value as others have mentioned.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
settling in nicely

Northern Ireland Female View thetope's Chili Red & White 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile

Having just picked mine up, i am *very* glad i specced the MFSW - it's a godsend!

I was a little disappointed when i realised keeping the standard interior trim meant i have dark -coloured doors, the test cars i have been in must have had an optional trim. But it's growing on me and i have a sunroof so the inside is not at all dark.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
It's now S power!!

United Kingdom Male View sony's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View sony's Classified Ads

I just have the pepper pack and MFSW as cruise control was essential for me- I just still can't make my mind up on speccing the visibility pack-
Is it not too late anyway as Doopy is being built on the week starting 18th August?

Always ready for a MINI adventure!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI One Seven

United Kingdom Male View M.O.S's Pepper White & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sony View Post
I just have the pepper pack and MFSW as cruise control was essential for me- I just still can't make my mind up on speccing the visibility pack-
Is it not too late anyway as Doopy is being built on the week starting 18th August?
Go for it. I have it on mine and its brilliant. If you don't put it in the garage or leave it parked all day, its worth having. You get to see the look on people's faces when they are faffing round with deicer and a scraper, meanwhile you're sat down, doing nothing and your screen is safe from scratches and clear with in 30-60seconds. For 220 its definitely worth having, just remember to tell your insurers it has a heated windscreen. I certainly wouldn't be without it, plus it gets rid of a blank switch, and gives you auto lights and wipers. Not necessary, but they can be useful at times.

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

I decided to skip the visibility pack and put the dosh towards xenons when I got mine. As I saw it no point having auto lights that when they come on by themselves are pants. I test drove a Mini without Xenons on a dark winter afternoon and the std lights were truely terrible.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Waiting for Works Clubman

Local Time: 03:18 PM

United Kingdom

Best thing I ever bought for my car was an automatic garage door opener. Iced-up windscreens are a thing of the past when you put your car away every night.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI One Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountCharles View Post
Best thing I ever bought for my car was an automatic garage door opener. Iced-up windscreens are a thing of the past when you put your car away every night.
Well yes, but if you ever leave it parked up during the day...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in