Phoenix - a Tragic Loss - Page 5 - MINI Cooper Forum

General Discussion Use this forum to discuss MINI topics which are not related to other forums. Posts may be moved from here to alternative forums by the moderators without notice

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
ECMC Addict

Local Time: 01:55 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Male View Streeters's Astro Black & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile

Chris's Funeral will be held on Monday 30th March .

FUNERAL DETAILS

The funeral for Chris will be taking place on Monday 30th March at 3-45pm at Gilroes Crematorium, off the A50 Groby Road.

We have been invited back to Chris's Sisters house after the funeral for anybody who doesn't have to head off straightaway, which I am touched by.

Chris's daughter Linzi would like to meet us all beforehand, but we'll arrange that shortly.

Dress code is black, but there will be yellow ribbons handed out at the funeral.

As a tribute to Chris, we would like all MINI owners to tie yellow ribbons on the cars.

I now need to try and get everyone organised, so if you would like to come, can you please email me your name and how many people you will be bringing in your car. This is so I can make sure we pick up everybody on the way and also let Linzi know the expected number of cars and people.
Email: nicci 'at' eastcoastminiclub.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
D Man From Del Ponte

Local Time: 12:55 AM

England Male View Merlin 2's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Sorry to hear the news - I always ended up talking to him about his scuttle scoops if we wernt having a laugh at something or someone - nice bloke - I will miss him. Pass on my regards to his family

The original Merlin was a Classic Mini Reg-(ONR 937R) If you know what happened to it or where it is now please let me know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merlin 2 For This Useful Post:
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Crazy lady..

United Kingdom Female View Rosamalosa's Silk Green & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile

So sad to hear this, I remember with great fondness meeting Chris at the Himley Hall show in 2007, it was miserable and the rain didn't stop all day but it didn't dampen the atmosphere! I had a great conversation with a MINI/Mini enthusiast about his MINI and everyone else's! A massive loss to our community

Phoenix you will be sorely missed x

Thanks for this post from:

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
total MINI . com

England Male View SoggyCornFlakes's Pepper White & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile View SoggyCornFlakes's Classified Ads

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make the funeral on Monday, with much regret.
Thanks for this post from:
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
ECMC Addict

England Male View Streeters's Astro Black & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile

Funeral went well. The family were touched by the turnout from the MINI Community.

There were around 25 cars there from ECMC, LMC, DMR, NMC, thanks to everyonen that was able to make the event and give Chris the send off he desereved.

Thanks also for everyones messages of sympathy which have greatly appreciated by everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Streeters For This Useful Post:
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2009, 04:03 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:55 PM

I just saw this, totally shattered here...condolences to Chris' family, good man, good heart, he will be missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in