Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hartfield, E Sussex
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Brands Novice Track Day - 4th March 2018
Thought I'd start a new thread for this as in Peppers Pray's thread there was some interest in doing a Novice day at Brands.
This Novice Track Day is being run by MSV, link: MSVT Car Event :: Novice Only Car Track Day at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit Sunday 4 March 2018
Cost is £169.00 per car. Group Discount
If we can get 5 participants commiting to this as a group, we can get a 10% discount, so brings it down to £152.
I've spoken to Stuart Garland of MSV today to ask how one organises a group buy and to get some other info.
To get the group buy I register MINI2 4/3 Group with him. When you book a place you say you are in that group, pay and you get the 10% discount. Other things:
- They divide you into groups of 20 and let you out group by group so there are no more than 20 cars on track together. At Brands this is a good thing - it is only 1.2 miles long and on Open Track days it gets pretty crowded which makes it tricky if you are new to it.
- You get 6 x 20 minute runs with your group.
- There are no bookable pit garages but they are all open so it is just a question of getting there in good time and grapping one.
- There are instructors available (free) who will go round with you to help you get to grips. You go to Pit Garage nearest the pit car park entrance and book one. They do get fully booked up so worth getting on with it before it starts.
- First time out they lead you round for a 'sighting lap' with a pace car.
- There is no restriction getting in and out of Brands or the car park behind the pits at any time. So it is fine if you want to bring spectators.
- You can take a passenger, think it is £10 to register one.
- You can have more than one driver, each additional driver is £30.
- You must have a helmet (and any passengers). Open face is OK for a hatch, full face if it is a convertible.
So My son (Caterham 7) and I (R53) are definitely doing it on the 4th March.
Please can you let me know soon if you and any mates are up for this one so I can see whether it is worth setting up the group and getting the discount.