Mate , good morning.....
I don't want to **** on anyones parade but I reckon you should check insurance "before" you buy this car.
In fairness my r53 was pretty cheap for me to insure compared to other motors i have had....but I can tell you I have a 23yo guy i work with who has a vw polo 1.4 with a years ncb and is paying circa 2.5k a year.( and has to have a little black box fitted )
How much you will have to pay depends on a number of factors. The insurance company you go with, Age , location, job, where the car is kept overnight etc.
Now, not that I am endorsing anything dodgy or advising you to lie.......but there are a number of things you can do to assist in getting your quotes down......
1) a job title that has nothing to do with transport. ( I am in telesales, ugetme? )
2) do not add commuting ( I have commuting on mine but it is cheaper if you do not have it on your policy )
3) The car is garaged ( Mine isn't and i haven't lied or told them it is...but this will lower any premium if you have one )
4) lower estimated yearly mileage ( The key word here is estimated...estimates can be lower or higher after all )
5) Modifications (All i will say is this.....To an average joe and egg looks like an egg...I mean, how are you supposed to know that its got a double yolk by looking at it from the outside if it looks like every other egg?..Maybe someone else bought you this egg...or it wasn't described as a double yolker........You will be asked whether the car has been modded. . . You should answer to the best of your ability as either as an average joe or a qualified egg farmer...your choice....Just remember, chicken eggs and ostrich eggs look different )
6) Register the car and your insurance at your second home in a lower crime area
7) Put a named driver on the policy ( Believe it or not, I put a friend on my insurance so he could drive the car back when i bought it... And my quote dropped by £150...he has zero ncb and was younger than me too
.. go figure )...
And finally number 8 , probably the best overall choice.....................
8) Sorry for this one but..........Buy a less sporty car ( cheap hack run around until you are 25,when you enter the next bracket to have your insurance lowered )
Either way, however you get on.... I wish you luck.... and if money is no object then crack on!!