do not buy off this seller on ebay spare.auto.parts - MINI Cooper Forum
General Discussion Use this forum to discuss MINI topics which are not related to other forums. Posts may be moved from here to alternative forums by the moderators without notice

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

do not buy off this seller on ebay spare.auto.parts

so its starts off with ordering a body control module secondhand off this seller on ebay spare.auto.parts ordered it then had it directly sent to be checked and possibly cloned to the car it was bought for, turned out the power supply in the ecu was broken ie the body control module was a broken one no power to car ie the one they sent me ,, i reported to the seller that it was found to be faulty at point of being checked by a professional ecu repair guy ie dale, they never got back to me but opened a case that no return or refund due to item not in same condition as when it left them,, ebay allowed this even after the facts were given to them,, ie that ecu at point they sold it would only work on one car the car it came off and the car that has since been crushed it will not work on any other car in the whole world, without being cloned reprogrammed from another one as per me sending it of to have it done,, this seller is using the its not in same state clause on something that has no other use other than to be reprogrammed,, so buyer be ware thieves at the breakers once again and ebay is no better for allowing it, buyer protections being used against a buyer with something that can only be used by altering the programming otherwise its fit for only the bin,, no where does it state in their add that this must not be reprogrammed to fit another car,,
SPARE AUTO PARTS
SPARE AUTO PARTS
Unit W3, Bizspace
James Road
Birmingham
West Midlands
B11 2AL
United Kingdom

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

just a right argument with them, there way fo thinking is because it was sent to a 3rd party ie a professional company who reprograms ecu's they wont replace of refund, nuts as the only way to use these ecu's is to send to someone who has spent thousands on gear to reprogram said ecu.s, they said to work fine before ie ask how did you check it they said the lights worked on their car breaking etc,
so i'm a few quid to the worst but worth it to know never spend another penny with them ever again,, the very fact the only way to use these ecu's is to send to a 3rd party to get programmed but if anyone does with this company they will not do the right thing when the sell a untested unit as i know ot was just faulty end of, prob been sat outside for god knows how long getting wet and damp etc,
moral in the story just let the programmer source the ecu's in future, have got its all sorted another way now as in another unit that works fine

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in