MINI Cooper Forum banner

Replacing Speakers on the 2019 Clubman

999 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SteveM3 
#1 ·
Hey all!

I upgraded about a month ago from my 2010 Clubman S with HK to a 2019 Clubman. I love the car, even though it's not my Sexual Chocolate.

I can get over missing that turbo kick in when I put my foot down, but what I didn't realize I'd miss the most is my speakers. These speakers suck. Haha.

I want to upgrade and have looked at BavSound but someone mentioned that updating the sound might void my warranty?

Anyone with any experience switching speakers on the newer models?

Also, if down the line I want to switch back to LED front lights, will that be a pain in the ass for me?

#2 ·
If you change the speakers the w/tee on the speakers is then invalid but unless Mini can prove that a poor installation caused a problem the rest of the car is covered. So if you short the wires and it blows the integrated amp section of the stereo that isn't covered. A very unlikely event. It is very easy to replace speakers in modern Mini's as they use the same speakers and layout in all models afaik. Bavsound do some good video tutorials you can watch to gain confidence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.