Fuel seems to be draining back to tank - MINI Cooper Forum

Maintenance & MINI Care
Find Sponsor products associated with this forum
Questions and advice on keeping your MINI in top shape, from engine oil to body wax

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Fuel seems to be draining back to tank

New to forum so hello everyone

Right I have a 2003 Mini Cooper
Was running fine until I went to go home and it wasnít getting any fuel. pump was my thought as already had done filter so got second hand one still didnít help so checked filter for some reason rubber seals had broke so got a new one and after priming it started wooooohoooo
Nope next morning came out wouldnít start unless turned on and off to re prime and this has carried on Iíve checked connections all seem fine what am I missing fellow mini drivers cause Iím at end of my rope with it.

Thanks in advance Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2017, 08:14 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popandfartcooper View Post
New to forum so hello everyone

Right I have a 2003 Mini Cooper
Was running fine until I went to go home and it wasnít getting any fuel. pump was my thought as already had done filter so got second hand one still didnít help so checked filter for some reason rubber seals had broke so got a new one and after priming it started wooooohoooo
Nope next morning came out wouldnít start unless turned on and off to re prime and this has carried on Iíve checked connections all seem fine what am I missing fellow mini drivers cause Iím at end of my rope with it.

Thanks in advance Dan
rubber seals broke on fuel filter ?
1. cheap filters are known to cause issues ie the paper part break down and block injectors at worse
2 and rubber seal in the fuel line that break down could send parts of it down stream and block things up.
i would put air line on one end of fuel pipe and blow through it make sure nothing has blocked things up. also need to diagnostic scan it check live data for fuel pressures will give clues to where the issues are,

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in