Please help Expert wanted! 2014 countryman door ajar issue - MINI Cooper Forum

Maintenance & MINI Care
Find Sponsor products associated with this forum
Questions and advice on keeping your MINI in top shape, from engine oil to body wax

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Please help Expert wanted! 2014 countryman door ajar issue

Hi everyone I have a 2014 countryman, the damn lights won't turn out. I looked at it and realized the computer says the door is open when driving but checked when parked the door and door latches and I cant find the issue. I held down the interior light button for 15 seconds to reset the lights but it only turns them out and the computer still says door ajar passenger rear when driving. Is it the door sensor? Can this be fixed by a fuse? I checked some fuses but didn't find any issues there. If it is a door sensor how much would that cost to fix? and would I need to take it to mini which would cost an arm and a leg. Any advise? I read online to try wd40 but I am afraid of ruining wire etc please help!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 08:16 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicountryman7770 View Post
Hi everyone I have a 2014 countryman, the damn lights won't turn out. I looked at it and realized the computer says the door is open when driving but checked when parked the door and door latches and I cant find the issue. I held down the interior light button for 15 seconds to reset the lights but it only turns them out and the computer still says door ajar passenger rear when driving. Is it the door sensor? Can this be fixed by a fuse? I checked some fuses but didn't find any issues there. If it is a door sensor how much would that cost to fix? and would I need to take it to mini which would cost an arm and a leg. Any advise? I read online to try wd40 but I am afraid of ruining wire etc please help!!!
only fuses are for the circuit not just one door on the circuit so thats not what it is, common things are the wiring between the door and the body that lives in the rubber boot between as such wires can crack with use and age blob of solder would fix that, if your lucky thats all it is,
next bit would be strip door plastic off from inside to get at back of mech for door lock and inter-our light switch
below link door mech r55
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-CLUB...0AAOSwsVtcvu0X
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-CLUB...QAAOSwybdcvujv

wd 40 and switch cleaner will not harm it worth soaking in it see if it clears it it might do,

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in