MINI, Diesel & DPF maintenance in city driving conditions - MINI Cooper Forum

Maintenance & MINI Care
Find Sponsor products associated with this forum
Questions and advice on keeping your MINI in top shape, from engine oil to body wax

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
minimeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampshire
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Garage
Question MINI, Diesel & DPF maintenance in city driving conditions

Dear MINI owners,

It's been two weeks since I bought a used 2013 (63 plate) 1.6 Mini Dooper and so far I love it! As a first time DIESEL owner, I'm concerned about its driving routine, as well as how to keep it in tip top shape. It only has about 40k miles and it's fully serviced, so everything inside it is like new, and I'd like to keep it this way. Reading so many things about DPF problems and what could go wrong I am a little worried, as I mostly use it for city driving (4-5 sub 5 mile trips). Of course, I do my occasional trips (perhaps once or twice a month - I'd say maybe 50 miles each way in highway driving), but I'm not sure if that's enough.

From what I've been reading, the last example is ideal for maintaining the DPF at its best condition; not so much, however, the former. First of all, is there any rule of thumb regarding its use (miles in the highway per month, speed, revs etc.), or how often it regenerates? Moreover, is there anything I can do to maintain it at its best even in city driving conditions? e.g. Any additives I can purchase (either from MINI or from other manufacturers that MINI recomments)? Higher revving maybe, or something else? I've been reading some nice reviews about Wynn's DPF cleaning solution (an additive you put in the tank)

Any other Dooper owners using it mainly in city driving conditions or any suggestions?

Thanks to all of you in advance!

minimeD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 05:39 PM
knt
MINI2 Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

 
Not ideal for diesel engines. If you're driving sub 5 miles per day, best would be to give it 10/20 miles blast on the motorway every week.

Rules of thumb used to be at least 20/30 miles per day would be suited to diesel and anything less petrol.

Billy1061 likes this.
knt is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knt For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
minimeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampshire
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Garage
Thanks for your prompt response and info knt, much appreciated! Will try to do that. M27 would be great for that (I live in Hampshire), so I'll find a planned route 10-20 miles and back.

By the way, by doing these trips, is it guaranteed that regeneration will happen? Or does it happen e.g. every 300 miles or so?

Finally, have you tried any additives? Would you think that they help? e.g. maybe reduce the time needing to regenerate or the mileage I need to do to burn the soot? So far I've read mixed feedback.
minimeD is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 06:39 PM
knt
MINI2 Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

 
mike1967 will know more as I only drive petrol cars .

Might be worth trying

https://www.holtsauto.com/redex/supp...r-blocked-dpf/
knt is offline  
Thanks for this post from:
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
minimeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampshire
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Garage
Thanks a lot knt! I'll wait for mike's answer then!

Yes, I've seen this additive before in a Tesco's, it seems to be more popular than Wynn's, but I'll go to Halfords today to have a look at a greater range and ask for their help in choosing the one.

By the way, I came across this app & OBD2 package from Carly (www[dot]mycarly[dot]com/en/app/bmw/), and it has the ability to monitor the DPF (how many grams of soot there is in there), see that live as you're driving and even perform a force regeneration (although it just points to the ECU to do that when all conditions of temperature and mileage are met). I think that would ease my mind a little bit to monitor when it starts to become clogged (but before the light comes on) so that I can take it for a good ride on the motorway!
minimeD is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 08:10 AM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: down west somewhere
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeD View Post
Thanks a lot knt! I'll wait for mike's answer then!

Yes, I've seen this additive before in a Tesco's, it seems to be more popular than Wynn's, but I'll go to Halfords today to have a look at a greater range and ask for their help in choosing the one.

By the way, I came across this app & OBD2 package from Carly (www[dot]mycarly[dot]com/en/app/bmw/), and it has the ability to monitor the DPF (how many grams of soot there is in there), see that live as you're driving and even perform a force regeneration (although it just points to the ECU to do that when all conditions of temperature and mileage are met). I think that would ease my mind a little bit to monitor when it starts to become clogged (but before the light comes on) so that I can take it for a good ride on the motorway!
dpf filter has two air pressure sensors one in front of filter one at rear, these tell the ecu how blocked with soot the filter is and at a point around 80% it will tell ecu to regen the filter, it does this by changing ignition points via the injectors and runs engine rich with fuel to generate heat within the exhaust system and turbo and engine,, driving the car at 3000 revs for more than 20 miles on a motorway once a week is good to keep clear, all of the above is fine when the filter is under 75000 miles old, the problems start after this mileage as the filters are designed with 75000 as a service replacement item, the additive tank they also run needs replacing every 45k or filter will block, also bare in mind turbo's are designed to last 80-120k based on engines with unblocked dpf filters, when filters block they will soon take out the turbo, 100k car with factory filter blocked is just waiting to destroy your engine as when turbo fails those engines go in to diesel runaway, ie cant not stop them from eating own oil and reving to red line until it breaks, below link is a dpf element by far cheapest option on the psa 1.6 hdi engines, also a link for the best dpf and injection cleaner i have found its call cataclean dpf,, but nothing will clear a 75k plus filter as its the residue produced from regens that black them and will not burn a way
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diesel-Pa...cAAOSwrlRZzqcC
cataclean
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CataClean...IAAOSwxAhawlxE
Billy1061 likes this.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
mike1967 is online now  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
minimeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampshire
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Garage
Thanks a lot for your response mike, much appreciated! You're absolutely right, I was reading this article (www[dot]dieselnet[dot]com/tech/dpf_ash.php) that explains how ash is building up in the DPF, and in the 75k miles you mention, about 70% of the DPF is ash already, so many more regens will be needed more often, whilst other things will start having problems due to it as you mentioned.

Thanks for both links. The first is for an older model, as I have the R56 (63 plates), so it's the facelift version with the BMW engine. Regardless, a DPF from ebay costs about 125, but it's the labour that will cost much anyway (if I keep my car past the 75k-80k miles mark). I have the 1.6 cooper D, so I suppose that I don't have any turbo (I thought only the SD was turbocharged, right?) ?

As far as the cataclean is concerned, thanks a lot! I found from Halfords (www[dot]halfords[dot]com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/cataclean-diesel-500ml), so I'll go there today to pick it up; it's just 15 quid, so not so bad.

The directions in the ebay link say:

"Empty entire contents of bottle of Cataclean Diesel into fuel tank. Then drive for at least 15 minutes and refuel when necessary. Recommended ratio of one 500ml bottle of Cataclean Diesel to approximately 15 litres of fuel."

So, I suppose I'll use two bottles, as my tank is about 35 litres of fuel filled already. When it says drive for at least 15 minutes, does it mean (I suppose) on the motorway? or even 30 mph unstopped city driving?

Last but not least, when you say "driving the car at 3000 revs for more than 20 miles on a motorway once a week is good to keep clear", should it be continuously, or can I break this down into 10 miles each way? So that I can plan my route accordingly, 'cause 20 miles could roughly take me from Portsmouth to Southampton
minimeD is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 10:38 AM
knt
MINI2 Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeD View Post
Thanks a lot knt! I'll wait for mike's answer then!

Yes, I've seen this additive before in a Tesco's, it seems to be more popular than Wynn's, but I'll go to Halfords today to have a look at a greater range and ask for their help in choosing the one.

By the way, I came across this app & OBD2 package from Carly (www[dot]mycarly[dot]com/en/app/bmw/), and it has the ability to monitor the DPF (how many grams of soot there is in there), see that live as you're driving and even perform a force regeneration (although it just points to the ECU to do that when all conditions of temperature and mileage are met). I think that would ease my mind a little bit to monitor when it starts to become clogged (but before the light comes on) so that I can take it for a good ride on the motorway!
The Carly app will allow you to force DPF regen but pricey app.
knt is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 11:24 AM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: down west somewhere
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
whoops sorry i take some of what i said before back,, i thought yours was a psa diesel ie pre march 2010 as its the later one its got bmw own engine ie N47 with the timing chain at rear of engine and dry dpf filter, the life of filter is same, as before, your engine uses a timing chain ar rear of engine very common between 70-100 for chain to stretch and cause big problems, running these engines on a partially blocked dpf filter will/can increase wear to chain by this mainly, ie when ecu try's to clear a dpf filter that is so blocked with old sand type dust from all the pre regens in its life the extra diesel that gets added by it can reach a high enough temperature so ends up in the engine oil this also washes more soot carbons in it this acts like a rubbing paste and the diesel thins the oil all adds up to a really bad day..
the later dpf filters are sealed unit and cost more, might be able to have it professionally cleaned via a hot wash and heat machine specialist job some company's advertise on ebay.
6k oil changes on those engines can help a lot especially north of 40k miles. timing chain replacements on those need engine or gear box out 1800-2500 bills have been reported on her from a few people, if chain slips teeth 4 plus as destroys the engine.
as for diagnostics tools you will not find anything better value for money than AUTOCOM CDP PLUS will put link for a idea below, this will regen dpf will allow you to view soot levels and force regens and also when change the filter reset the adaptations for it, its laos works on most cars on the road to 2016 ish on many levels reads all p-codes,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...8525699bced13b
Billy1061 and Austin_CS like this.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
mike1967 is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mike1967 For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 07:08 PM
MINI2 Regular
 
Austin_CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Cambs
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Garage
As a recently converted owner of a 2011 SD, this is very handy info ... thanks again... I already have the cdp plus, didn't know it could monitor the dpf .. I'm on 21k so hoping I can put this all off for 3 or 4 years....

Austin_CS is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2019, 06:44 AM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: down west somewhere
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_CS View Post
As a recently converted owner of a 2011 SD, this is very handy info ... thanks again... I already have the cdp plus, didn't know it could monitor the dpf .. I'm on 21k so hoping I can put this all off for 3 or 4 years....
with live data it will show you percentage and time since last regen on the filter, and how many miles since last changed filter,
you might like this next bit, now i have not try'd this yet but can see how its possible, a friend of mine same age and specialises in bmw diesels mainly, i was speaking to him about n47 diesel and timing chain and replacement he told me he can change just the chain without removing the engine or gearbox i tried to get him to tell me more but he changed the subject after everytime i ask how,, but he did say its possible as he has been doing it for a long time,
so the only way i can come up with would be this, remove rocker cover mark top sprocket mark front crank pulley at tdc, then lock the chain tensioner with its lock pin, after this would need a chain link tool to remove a link from old chain leave chain on engine then do same with new chain and link one end to the old chain and get someone to rotate the engine clockwise while someone holds and keeps pressure on the new chain being fed in to the top sprocket while feeding the old chain out then re join the new chain with chain link toll job done new chain fitted,, i worked this out with what he did sort of say, i know in perfect world having the guides done as well and timing reset with lock tool. but in all honesty the guides dont wear and a new chain will put timing back perfect anyway but the down side is the bottom sprocket not knowing how worn that is,, i would say a 100k engine the sprocket will be so worn on a 70k car you could get away with it,
Austin_CS likes this.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
mike1967 is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike1967 For This Useful Post:
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
minimeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampshire
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt View Post
The Carly app will allow you to force DPF regen but pricey app.
Yes Knt, you're absolutely right; it is indeed quite pricey :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1967 View Post
whoops sorry i take some of what i said before back,, i thought yours was a psa diesel ie pre march 2010 as its the later one its got bmw own engine ie N47 with the timing chain at rear of engine and dry dpf filter, the life of filter is same, as before, your engine uses a timing chain ar rear of engine very common between 70-100 for chain to stretch and cause big problems, running these engines on a partially blocked dpf filter will/can increase wear to chain by this mainly, ie when ecu try's to clear a dpf filter that is so blocked with old sand type dust from all the pre regens in its life the extra diesel that gets added by it can reach a high enough temperature so ends up in the engine oil this also washes more soot carbons in it this acts like a rubbing paste and the diesel thins the oil all adds up to a really bad day..
the later dpf filters are sealed unit and cost more, might be able to have it professionally cleaned via a hot wash and heat machine specialist job some company's advertise on ebay.
6k oil changes on those engines can help a lot especially north of 40k miles. timing chain replacements on those need engine or gear box out 1800-2500 bills have been reported on her from a few people, if chain slips teeth 4 plus as destroys the engine.
as for diagnostics tools you will not find anything better value for money than AUTOCOM CDP PLUS will put link for a idea below, this will regen dpf will allow you to view soot levels and force regens and also when change the filter reset the adaptations for it, its laos works on most cars on the road to 2016 ish on many levels reads all p-codes,
www[dot]ebay[dot]co[dot]uk/itm/Bluetooth-TCS-CDP-Plus-Autocom-Car-Truck-Auto-OBD2-OBDII-Diagnostic-Tool/202691983104?epid=2228156619&hash=item2f31623700&e nc=AQADAAAC8FjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqs X8uaFEduVCWOkxVjTM1Wp430%2FViJjaxQTHKEx6pJOn7dcvlR ZtPXatNxCfamzdN9CeZdu9IiEusxEuawtJThmTwsjIVFuK0w%2 FjhLRgm5y%2FRfrUZFPz9jTKqdMFoS59zg9B93WQUhfZRxm2dg tJZC9Al9pG5BVLv9JFnOzpf1BFtI84kdTtWth7YqcqnVgPgEMN jYTXvlvEHFm0eYM5AdGQTahE3hj167VGul5aUuqcA5K6RArOb% 2FbfMUnsmECXYaHbGVyDCs1VUszQqbEyuZCQKMEUCuH0WsURpw NzLDzLS0g58fWZUAiuK8IQQlThRSV3MDlb9CybDqHZ1p8%2FPJ XZ7MBjzUbyeQ7pJ4YeOSpmTazoeSOEtW9XIg%2B4lqKSrAwuaq XFeAIBIFWTI60eBuSLE7fCn0ODeEPQgaRcki914GQaYlSWhEnl On%2FaYSLqDdb4agHcllLr9UWuHChNm%2BeT3zWgRO6RZcdKUH KLj110a0qyOQeqzwm6OK%2FS0RiYj6izzLhClivNuvRzlJof1z YV2zyNXgrFRM8za273n8pdkJVTh%2B3ZGfkvQ0C9hnYZ9RKZ2L pxjbqPiYCjaAodYO0rVvmgQtCKQpDIke4087RIY9xU6oUUsRyA tF0xn4O169py7Hvg7o%2F05CYjn5QtD%2BYPtK217Be5AVE1Uf S8i8%2BIflEnwbWpz5oNARHUGfmUUorq50SH9VNn0%2Ff8Wi3J 3HHNhi4o4Y21M4zl9800gF%2FGdnJoqbTR2XJbmq0sYW0kC0Ha v1YI2f8X%2BEeYN1Qi6Bf4osLWLp3Gbfo%2B9Zf2i7cIZZ3nRJ AhzxirTV9g9LYhBmPOkb%2BvmLTWnOU8fRBhFOcwMa6u3D9Th% 2FzDf2MjO62O2QfGW94eWFMxTvTofSje12nN6VsYM4Wu280b%2 FOwFsvBv01dLKpVvy3GlEBHqU4xyqlhOS45590N9xmhsnjsIg8 QmmhGKho7&checksum=202691983104f4ebf46b5e1447d8ad8 525699bced13b[/url]
Wow, that's greatly informative mike, thanks! So, to wrap up, keep my mini till it's hit the 70k spot (maybe a bit more, although with the low mileage I do I won't need to), change oils every 6k miles, put cataclean every 3-4 months, and give it a good go once a week (maybe I won't be able to do it every week, but definitely every two weeks, or every three weeks a big trip, say 250 miles - at the same time monitoring with the OBD2 the soot particles). If it every happens that my DPF gets clogged earlier than this, I'll go in the highway and do some miles with revs up for sure. In any case, I'm always putting Shell V-Power; this, combined with frequent oil changes and cataclean should be OK for my age of car and low mileage I suppose, right? :/

Thanks a lot for the OBD2 that you proposed! I've seen many reviews and it seems great indeed! The problem I have is that it requires computer, and in particular a PC so I can't connect it to my MAC, thus I'll have to go with the more expensive Carly app

By the way does anyone know how many grams of soot (or soot + ash combined) can a MINI R56 DPF hold? (or to put it differently, how many grams of soot would make the DPF 80% full and thus needing a regen - lights on indicating DPF regen and everything)
minimeD is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2019, 10:14 AM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: down west somewhere
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeD View Post
Yes Knt, you're absolutely right; it is indeed quite pricey :/



Wow, that's greatly informative mike, thanks! So, to wrap up, keep my mini till it's hit the 70k spot (maybe a bit more, although with the low mileage I do I won't need to), change oils every 6k miles, put cataclean every 3-4 months, and give it a good go once a week (maybe I won't be able to do it every week, but definitely every two weeks, or every three weeks a big trip, say 250 miles - at the same time monitoring with the OBD2 the soot particles). If it every happens that my DPF gets clogged earlier than this, I'll go in the highway and do some miles with revs up for sure. In any case, I'm always putting Shell V-Power; this, combined with frequent oil changes and cataclean should be OK for my age of car and low mileage I suppose, right? :/

Thanks a lot for the OBD2 that you proposed! I've seen many reviews and it seems great indeed! The problem I have is that it requires computer, and in particular a PC so I can't connect it to my MAC, thus I'll have to go with the more expensive Carly app

By the way does anyone know how many grams of soot (or soot + ash combined) can a MINI R56 DPF hold? (or to put it differently, how many grams of soot would make the DPF 80% full and thus needing a regen - lights on indicating DPF regen and everything)
one point you may of missed with the diagnostics, autocom will run on older laptops windows 7 8 and xp so cheap i use laptop not to much money, also the other key point is a carly app is bmw/mini only, where the autocom is any car on the road with a eobd socket, so in future when you fall out with your mini and buy something else you will be buying another diagnostics for that car two lots of money, ie buy the right future proof system in first place saves a lot of money and hassle,, also autocom will do a lot more than that app will, ie encode injectors or bsm or on some cars keys as well plus all the other stuff, ie its a profession garage platform rather than a phone run app.
its short start stop trips that hurt dpf filter, as pr the grams the autocom will tell you a percentage of how blocked the filter is its this the ecu uses when working out when to regen its self, if filter stuck at 80% and will not after regen lower to 10-20% means its full of none burnable residue from the regens it looks like red sand, find cars with high miles not washed wheels will show this colour on the front wheels and engine bay tell tail sign of dpf problems a head

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
mike1967 is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike1967 For This Useful Post:
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
 
minimeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampshire
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1967 View Post
one point you may of missed with the diagnostics, autocom will run on older laptops windows 7 8 and xp so cheap i use laptop not to much money, also the other key point is a carly app is bmw/mini only, where the autocom is any car on the road with a eobd socket, so in future when you fall out with your mini and buy something else you will be buying another diagnostics for that car two lots of money, ie buy the right future proof system in first place saves a lot of money and hassle,, also autocom will do a lot more than that app will, ie encode injectors or bsm or on some cars keys as well plus all the other stuff, ie its a profession garage platform rather than a phone run app.


its short start stop trips that hurt dpf filter, as pr the grams the autocom will tell you a percentage of how blocked the filter is its this the ecu uses when working out when to regen its self, if filter stuck at 80% and will not after regen lower to 10-20% means its full of none burnable residue from the regens it looks like red sand, find cars with high miles not washed wheels will show this colour on the front wheels and engine bay tell tail sign of dpf problems a head
That's good to know mike, thanks! Maybe I will then invest in autocom, and just for the time being borrow the laptop of a friend or family to monitor the %, because it is indeed interesting. Yes, the thing is that next year I will be travelling a lot, as I'll do a daily 90 miles trip, but until then I'll do my best to try and thrash it every now and then in the highway. That's good advice on how to tell tail these problems btw
minimeD is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2019, 03:25 PM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: down west somewhere
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeD View Post
That's good to know mike, thanks! Maybe I will then invest in autocom, and just for the time being borrow the laptop of a friend or family to monitor the %, because it is indeed interesting. Yes, the thing is that next year I will be travelling a lot, as I'll do a daily 90 miles trip, but until then I'll do my best to try and thrash it every now and then in the highway. That's good advice on how to tell tail these problems btw
you can also mount the files for autocom on a memory stick and load it on to a windows pad as well and use via bluetooth or solid lead

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
mike1967 is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike1967 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome