Clubman Issues? Owners' comments please - Page 19 - MINI Cooper Forum
MINI Clubman MINI Clubman 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #271 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Clubman D

Local Time: 08:58 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Yellow/Black OneD's Mellow Yellow & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

You could buy a Honda Civic/Toyota Auris etc which would more than likely be completely hassle free, but after 5 days in it you would wish something would go wrong with it so you could hand it back to the dealer!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Never to old to have fun

Local Time: 09:58 AM

England Male

Something interesting was said to me yesterday

I was in the garage for the 5th time with rattles/buzzing noises etc and the Technical Manager came out in the car with me to listen

He told me that they have had loads of rattle/noise problems with the Clubman that haven't been present on the Hatchback

So how is the Clubman built so diffent that there are all these problems is my question

So it seems Mini are aware, one of there Technical guys is coming to see mine on wednesday

I wait with baited breath

post #273 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Now what have I done????

Australia Male View dalboyne's Classified Ads

Is it the doors?

Not here much any more

post #274 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Never to old to have fun

England Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboyne View Post
Is it the doors?
No not doors

Seems to be from the passenger rear quarter or roof area and the front passenger dash or sunroof

Shame because these are spoiling a great car
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davyboy For This Useful Post:
post #275 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Clubman D

United Kingdom Male View Yellow/Black OneD's Mellow Yellow & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

Looking forward to hearing what the 'technical guy' has to say!
post #276 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 05:18 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Something interesting was said to me yesterday

I was in the garage for the 5th time with rattles/buzzing noises etc and the Technical Manager came out in the car with me to listen

He told me that they have had loads of rattle/noise problems with the Clubman that haven't been present on the Hatchback

So how is the Clubman built so diffent that there are all these problems is my question

So it seems Mini are aware, one of there Technical guys is coming to see mine on wednesday

I wait with baited breath
I don't have too many rattle problems - other things have gone wrong but then my cars isn't two months old yet!

I don't know if the presence of the clubdoor makes a difference? When I close the driver's door on our hatch, it closes with a fairly solid clunk but on the clubbie it tends to rattle a bit. I actually went into my local dealers and opened the door on all of their clubmans and they all did the same so I didn't take it any further.

Also noticed that the driver's side window accumulates a lot of grime that the hatch doesn't seem to - especially in the weather we've had lately where I'm also using the washer jets. What's worse is that although there doesn't seem to be a leak in the window seal as such, I seem to be getting a build of of dirt on the inside of the window as well. Anybody else noticed this? And if I assume that the front of the hatch and the clubman are the same, why am I only getting them on my clubman?
post #277 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 07:49 PM
MINI2 Regular

Norway Male View Strippekniv's Classified Ads

Rear doors

My rear door handle has now packed in too. The switch/botton is stone dead. Won´t open with on key either. Anyone with same problem?

As my clubdoor handle is broken too, the rear of the cabin is now an out-of-bouds-area, VERY irritating.
post #278 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Never to old to have fun

England Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mini View Post
I don't have too many rattle problems - other things have gone wrong but then my cars isn't two months old yet!

I don't know if the presence of the clubdoor makes a difference? When I close the driver's door on our hatch, it closes with a fairly solid clunk but on the clubbie it tends to rattle a bit. I actually went into my local dealers and opened the door on all of their clubmans and they all did the same so I didn't take it any further.

Also noticed that the driver's side window accumulates a lot of grime that the hatch doesn't seem to - especially in the weather we've had lately where I'm also using the washer jets. What's worse is that although there doesn't seem to be a leak in the window seal as such, I seem to be getting a build of of dirt on the inside of the window as well. Anybody else noticed this? And if I assume that the front of the hatch and the clubman are the same, why am I only getting them on my clubman?

My drivers door is the same now I think about it, I have told the garage it's harder to close than the passenger side - I must follow this up.

I also get the grime on the inside of both front windows, no idea why!!
Thanks for this post from:
post #279 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2009, 10:55 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male

Thanks for that Davyboy - thought it was just me being fussy! Think my dealer's a bit tired of seeing me these days. Now that I've bought two Minis, I'm only there when there's a problem - been to see them too many times over the last 2 months!

Next time something goes wrong, I'll mention the window grime. Either that or at the cabrio launch, whichever comes first!
post #280 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:58 AM

United States

Bongs and squeeks

I do think the three bongs may be accompanied by a snowflake on the led readout indicating that it is cold outside and some surfaces may be icy.

Another problem: 2008 Clubman with a noise in the general area of the rear passenger wheel that goes from squeek to rattle. Been in 4 times. They have tightened up stuff in the rear door, added padding to the back seat catch and replaced the rear sway bar bushings. Still squeeky. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in