post #31 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 No.1

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

England Male

Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
The original message would have been all CAPS, the system tries to counter shouting by lowering the case of all but the first letter.

Thanks for this post from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View 118's Eclipse Grey & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View 118's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washy View Post
Must be a special option on mine then.....
yeah I noticed the option for that too - must be if you have sat nav I think

post #33 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Clubman D

Local Time: 02:31 AM

United Kingdom Male View Yellow/Black OneD's Mellow Yellow & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

I am gealous, missing out on an extra bong, I feel ripped off

post #34 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Hot Orange Owners Tribe

United Kingdom Male View BU51 BEZ's Hot Orange & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Convertible Profile View BU51 BEZ's Classified Ads

Hi yes, it was the dealers launch car but still think i did well, as i got the mentioned 700 discount for doing the deal before year end, and also tyre insurance thrown in ,and the tlc package and finally the seal and protect added, all for 21k OTR.
The car is pepper white with full sunroof anthracite head lining checker kit fitted and 17" pace alloys with sports suspension bi zenon head lights.
English was not my strongest subject sorry so commas etc may be in wrong place
best regards Andy
p.s does any body else play mini bash back with thier kids
post #35 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Hot Orange Owners Tribe

United Kingdom Male View BU51 BEZ's Hot Orange & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Convertible Profile View BU51 BEZ's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister.t View Post
Driving along in our Mini is like driving during a musical orchestra - Always bonging!! Washer level low is our current bong at the moment. A bong each hour has to be the only bong that has never been explored in ours The EM light was on for 5 or 6 months last year, and every time it was switched on, the s*****g thing bonged - I think we've begun to wear the bonger out
You want to thank yourself do don't own a PT cruiser, my last car ,the bongs in that were damn right annoying
post #36 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male View Andyblizz's Solid Black & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Send a message via AIM to Andyblizz
My wife has had 2 issues with her Clubman Cooper.

She picked it up on the 22nd December.

The 1st Problem (1st week) was that the when the windows drops when opening the door and then goes back up when closed. It didnt return to the same position. Left gap between window and frame.

She rang Mini emergency service and they were out within the hour.

The 2nd Problem (Last sunday) the clubman door would not open. Trying the door handle and nothing happened.

We drove it straight to Robert Stern and they gave us a Convertible didnt have anything else. (Didn't like it at all) They looked at it monday and it was fine. But they said it was more than likely connected to the previous issue and ordered the parts to change the window and door mechanics.

And they brought out a Clubman S for us, as Convertible was not practical for wife needs. I had a drive in the S and it was nice, But actually perfered the softer drive of the cooper clubman. (This coming from me who has a MCS)

We have got the car back now and all seems fine.

And i was very impressed with both Mini emergency Services and Robert stern for sorting the problems out so quickly.

Andy
post #37 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

luckily not too many bongs, but having had the use of a cooper for the last month (after the factory delayed my order...any others experienced this?) i began to appreciate the graphic on start up displaying the seat belts being worn in the back seats. I was dissappointed to see this didn't feature on my new clubman ( in a car designed primarily for back seat passengers...go figure!) I have raised this with my dealer, they are awiaiting response from Mini uk. Anyone else had any experience of this?
Other than that all is just peachy. Enjoying the extra cossiting over my 03 cooper s, and loving the sport button for the ( running in restricted) occasional blast.
post #38 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2008, 09:09 AM
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...

United Kingdom Male View Tubby's Horizon Blue & White 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel ALL4 Countryman Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by in da clubman View Post
and loving the sport button for the ( running in restricted) occasional blast.
I've gone for Sport Button (but only so I don't have any blanked off switches/buttons! ) Does it make that much difference? Haven't driven one with it yet (my 24hr test car was petrol and had no sport button, but my ordered Clubbie is a Dooper with - go figure!).

Interested as to what it could actually do to the accelerator and steering - picking mine up next Fri so not long to wait I guess, but any owners thoughts appreciated.

Rgds,
M
post #39 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Mr Big Stuff

United Kingdom Male View Shaun's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile View Shaun's Classified Ads

It firms up the steering quite a bit. The steering is light and ideal for town use the sport button just adds that bit more weight to the feel. Its ideal for motorways and the open road. As for the power it doesnt feel as noticeable as the S wereit feels like an overdirve but it adds some urgency to proceedings and a tad more noise.

Cooper Clubman BTW
post #40 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

And another thing....has anyone noticed that if you leave the rear wipers switched on when you leave the car they don't come on again when you start up? You have to turn them off then on again!!
And another 'And another thing' On my old 2003 cooper s I'm sure if you already had the front wipers on and engaged reverse the rears would come on too. In the new clubman this is not the case. They go on to full time when you reverse if you already have them on intermitant, but do nothing if not switched on and reversing......any others experienced this?

PS nothing from dealer about rear seat belt graphic on start up , see earlier thread, anyone....?

post #41 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
MINI2 Newbie

England Male View Cooper D Badger's Pure Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister.t View Post
I think we've begun to wear the bonger out
Don't worry, there will be 3 short bongs followed by one long to warn you that the bonger is low
(and I too have been left standing in a puddle of diesel when "rounding up" )
post #42 of 280 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Mr Big Stuff

United Kingdom Male View Shaun's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile View Shaun's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by in da clubman View Post
And another thing....has anyone noticed that if you leave the rear wipers switched on when you leave the car they don't come on again when you start up? You have to turn them off then on again!!
And another 'And another thing' On my old 2003 cooper s I'm sure if you already had the front wipers on and engaged reverse the rears would come on too. In the new clubman this is not the case. They go on to full time when you reverse if you already have them on intermitant, but do nothing if not switched on and reversing......any others experienced this?

PS nothing from dealer about rear seat belt graphic on start up , see earlier thread, anyone....?
I have noticed ...I have had to restart the rear wipers after leaving them switched on.
The full time reverse thing is a good idea Minis used to be good with wipers and after the 05 upgrade they took a step backwards and didnt even self park when you stopped the ignition.
post #43 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
ukmini*****

United Kingdom Male

Send a message via MSN to Darren Briggs
Had a missing rubber seal on the pasenger door like others have noted.

I also had the drivers seat folder mechanism cable come off.
Went in to tell them last thursday. Had it fixed the day after (Friday) And a good wash too!

Great service. Even cleaned the carpets/matts for me.

Darren
post #44 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

SO...has anyone actually got a passenger door seal, was it fitted already or have you had the dealer fit one after you've pointed it out. Mine hasn't got one either and I wanna know if it's worth bothering the dealer about, please advise...

Also, I know I've mentioned it already, but has anyone in the clubman world got the rear seat belt graphic in the rev counter when they start the car. This was fitted to a courtesy cooper I had prior to my clubman arriving, but isn't on my car, bloomin annoying as I thought this was a great way of letting me know when the kids had finished putting their belts on and I could drive away. Again, if there's anyone out there with any answers please advise.....
Thanks, Andy.
post #45 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Clubman D

United Kingdom Male View Yellow/Black OneD's Mellow Yellow & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

I have been told and I do believe that a passenger door 'seal' isn't fitted to the passenger door anymore, so it is not missing, just simply not fitted anymore.

As for the rear seatbelt light. I do get a red warning light in the display of the rev counter and a bong of course if I don't put my seatbelt on quick enough after driving off - down my private drive of course This light comes on if there is someone sitting in a seat and they take their seat belt off, that is driver front and rear passengers.........Unless anyone knows different?

Hope i've helped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in