Clubman not selling? - Page 14 - MINI Cooper Forum

MINI Clubman MINI Clubman 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #196 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Mr Big Stuff

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Shaun's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile View Shaun's Classified Ads

Ikea you say!

Last edited by MINIAC; Sep 18th, 2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Make images clickable thumbnails
Thanks for this post from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Range Rover SDV8!

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

United Kingdom View Tigger, Eeyore & Roo's Hyper Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Tigger, Eeyore & Roo's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco9999 View Post
Hmmm..
Yes a hundred litres more isn't a lot in isolation - but it's nearly double the standard boot size!
I know you all love your Clubmans (which is absolutely great), but let's not kid ourselves and potential owners about the size of this "estate".

Even moving up from 160 to 260 litres (a 63% increase, for the record) still makes it a lower volume than every standard supermini hatchback that I can think of To keep this volume in perspective, a decent roof pod will add 440 litres to the load carrying capacity of even a standard MINI.

I'm very familiar with serious load carrying estates; I've driven them for work for the best part of 25 years, doing an average of 25,000 - 30,000 miles a year during all of that time (Pug 504's 505's, Montegos, Pug 405's, 406's, Citroen XM's, Volvo V70's and currently looking at an E Class) and I'm pretty familiar with what makes a decent estate. This is a MINI with a bit more room, that's all. If you still aren't convinced, go and have a look at a 207SW to see how much space even a supermini estate can be designed to offer.

5/04-2/07 R50, 2/07-5/10 R53, all outgrown!
And now, after a Mk2 Focus RS, 3 x Freelander 2's, 2 x Discovery 4's, its....
Impossible to show here within site image size restrictions

Last edited by Tigger, Eeyore & Roo; Sep 18th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
post #198 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM
MJS
MINI2 Senior

United Kingdom View MJS's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Don't know what the fuss is about, in our clubman we can take my wife and I, both kids with car seats, 2 prams and do a full week of shopping. Yes it's pretty full after and yes you could get a bigger car but its not really necessary.
Maybe if you were doing driving holidays around the UK a few times a year you might want more room, but if you pack it up right you shouldn't have a problem

post #199 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Range Rover SDV8!

United Kingdom View Tigger, Eeyore & Roo's Hyper Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Tigger, Eeyore & Roo's Classified Ads

I'm not making a fuss here. I'm just trying to give some balanced advice to a prospective owner on just how much room he can expect a MINI Clubman "estate" to provide.

post #200 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 08:11 PM
MJS
MINI2 Senior

Yes thats fair enough, I'm not saying your are making a fuss Tigger just that the car is what you make of it.
I know different people have different needs, but in reality there IS enough room for a fairly average family in a day to day routine. Of course you will always find other people who insist on big family cars like Scenics etc just for the ease of use or because they feel they NEED a big car
post #201 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Mr Big Stuff

United Kingdom Male View Shaun's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile View Shaun's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger, Eeyore & Roo View Post
I'm not making a fuss here. I'm just trying to give some balanced advice to a prospective owner on just how much room he can expect a MINI Clubman "estate" to provide.
And what Mini do you currently own? just out of interest as this is a Mini Forum.
post #202 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 08:42 AM
MINI2 Senior

United Kingdom Male View Rocco9999's White Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Clubman Profile View Rocco9999's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger, Eeyore & Roo View Post
I know you all love your Clubmans (which is absolutely great), but let's not kid ourselves and potential owners about the size of this "estate".
I have a hatch not clubman.....

I never understand why people compare mini's to other cars - you just cant do that....

you can compare it to the mini hatch, which its more practical than - end of.

The day I buy a "normal" car - you have my permission to stomp on my head!

For sale:
225 - winter wheels and tyres
https://www.mini2.com/classifieds/sho...?product=12257
post #203 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 02:35 PM
MJS
MINI2 Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco9999 View Post

The day I buy a "normal" car - you have my permission to stomp on my head!
I like this comment
post #204 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Range Rover SDV8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
And what Mini do you currently own? just out of interest as this is a Mini Forum.
Well, after 4,800 posts and nearly 6 1/2 years posting here I was aware that it's a MINI Forum And while we're about it, I had a new R50 Cooper from '04 to '06 and a new R53 Cooper S from '07 to '10, completing a total of around 80,000 miles between the two of them. I was also the first person in the country to place an advance order for the Clubman with my local dealer in 2005! An order that I subsequently canceled shortly after the first photos became available

Unfortunately, I have been forced to move on from MINI's as nothing that MINI currently make is both practical enough AND attractive enough to buy - and that's a real shame. However, as a previous MINI owner, I'm still entitled to be here and post. Until the mods change the rules to state that only glowing comments (accurate or otherwise) about the products of BMW/MINI may be posted, I shall continue to post what I believe to be genuinely helpful comments in answer to new member's questions.

However, I don't think that there's anything else to add to this thread so this'll be my last contribution to this thread. For the sake of prospective new owners making inquiries, please try and temper enthusiasm for the product with some realistic expectations about load and people carrying abilities; you'll be helping them to make the right decisions for them.

Thanks.

post #205 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Stooey

United Kingdom Male View Stoo Med's White Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile View Stoo Med's Classified Ads

A Peugeot 207SW... Pass me a shot gun. You buy a Clubman as it's individual, funky and different from the norm. If I become a boring middle aged grumpy old man who's given up on life, I'll buy a Peugeot. Until then I'm glad i've just placed an order for my 2nd Clubman.

Camping trips to cornwall, lake district and scotland, packing all the gear into the Clubman plus the wife and dog have been a breeze. Bought a roof box when i got the car but in 2.5 years have never used it.

post #206 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Mr Big Stuff

Like I say this is a mini forum the Clubman gives Mini owners( i am on my sixth, classics included) a chance to keep on having a Mini, Keep going to Mini shows and keep enjoying the Mini scene.
Most potential owners come here and want to know does it work? and the answer is yes most times it does. Its not a Passat or a Mondeo (I have bought plenty of those so I certainly know what the same money gets you) but its a Mini simple. Just like my other five its my only car and does all i ask of it.

Lots of big numbers but only 6 years peh try 8.
post #207 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 09:20 PM
MJS
MINI2 Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

Lots of big numbers but only 6 years peh try 8.
Not bad, try 9 over 12 years though

Some overlapped mind, 1 classic, 8 new
post #208 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2010, 08:41 AM
MINI2 Senior

United Kingdom Male View Rocco9999's White Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Clubman Profile View Rocco9999's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo Med View Post
A Peugeot 207SW... Pass me a shot gun. You buy a Clubman as it's individual, funky and different from the norm. If I become a boring middle aged grumpy old man who's given up on life, I'll buy a Peugeot. Until then I'm glad i've just placed an order for my 2nd Clubman.
EXACTLY!!!!

I could live off beans - but I choose not to
I could dress in my granddads old hand-me-downs but choose not to
I didnt have to buy an ipad.....but i'm glad I did

being able to buy interesting, exciting and perhaps "Cool" things is what makes life worth living IMHO

hence why an ultimately "flawed" product* like the clubman is still worth 1000 peugeot 207 SWs, 1007, yaris verso, skoda yeti, etc, etc, etc

To compare a mini to any of these products is mising the point

*When viewed analytically or in isolation

For sale:
225 - winter wheels and tyres
https://www.mini2.com/classifieds/sho...?product=12257
post #209 of 209 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Mr Big Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Not bad, try 9 over 12 years though

Some overlapped mind, 1 classic, 8 new
I was referring to length of service on Mini2 based on the join date.
As for Minis 6 in 18 years for me I had the two classics longer than all the new ones put together. Used the first one till it fell to bits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in