Clubman not selling? - Page 3 - MINI Cooper Forum
MINI Clubman MINI Clubman 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:17 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Male View Cooper D Badger's Pure Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

England

Seen 3 since launch (only 1 since I got mine).

Been teaching in a BRG One since '05 but now have a little one so needed a bit more space, wanted a Clubman in BRG with just the Pepper Pack but would have had to wait until April.

Dealer still had their launch model (Pure Silver/ Black Cooper D) & when I said I would take that one if they could give me a good deal they gave me 2% off straight away & top dollar for my "high" mileage trade-in.

Managed to negotiate Alloys & Fluid Silver Interior Trim FOC (remember I only wanted the Pepper Pack), they said I was pushing my luck when I said I didn't want to pay for the White Indicator Lenses & Smoker Pack but did throw in a ride on one for the nipper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Astro Black Clooper

United Kingdom Male View kalexan's Astro Black & Silver 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile

I've seen one or tow on the roads now (mainly the launch specced cars).

I think its down to allocation as well as anything else, most people will probably want to buy a Cooper D, from what I've seen many dealers are only getting 3-4 of these cars to sell a month. I'm guessing the waiting list for that won't drop from its current 3 months. Plus I reckon most people who buy privately will want an 08 plate, I can see a few people leaving their car at a Dealers for a few weeks just to get an 08 plate and the difference in residual value

From what I've seen most Dealers have sold their full allocation up to April/May, the only model that does not seem to be selling is the Clubman s, I think most buyers are opting for the D, which is why you will see some silly deals for ex-demos at the moment....as long as its an S the Cherished prices for the D's are still well above list price.

If you want to know what a Clubman will be worth in future years take at look at Glasses guide, they have its 3 year value at a 2-3% premium over the hatchback... they might need to revise that estimate for the S

post #33 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 01:17 AM

United Kingdom

So is the S not selling a general issue. My dealer has an S and I was thinking of going to have a look but would want to know what kind of deal I should expect on it. Sounds like discount should be available if its been there a while.

Also what spec were the launch cars. This one is Lightning Blue with silver, chilli, chromeline in and out, mfsw, blue interior.....think thats it but not totally sure. Price beside it shows 20620 I think.

post #34 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Now what have I done????

Australia Male View dalboyne's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
So is the S not selling a general issue. My dealer has an S and I was thinking of going to have a look but would want to know what kind of deal I should expect on it. Sounds like discount should be available if its been there a while.

Also what spec were the launch cars. This one is Lightning Blue with silver, chilli, chromeline in and out, mfsw, blue interior.....think thats it but not totally sure. Price beside it shows 20620 I think.

While not a fan of Clubman myself, this sounds like a nice spec! But I have no idea what else 20 grand might buy in the UK these days, so is this really a good deal or not? I'd certainly be looking for extended warranty and TLC thrown in......

Not here much any more
post #35 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Astro Black Clooper

United Kingdom Male View kalexan's Astro Black & Silver 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile

I'd have thought it would be an issue with any launch cars that dealers still have, I think every dealer in the UK had static Clubmans of an identical spec. Most had Blue/Silver Clubman S's with a Chill Pack and a few other bits n bobs. All the D's sold straight away on that first week. Plus the Dealers will not want static stockin the showroom, it does not reflect well on sales So I'd expect them to be happy to haggle, especially in this month as sales will be low now as people wait for the 08 plate to be released. As long as you are happy registering it before March I'd expect to get that price down by at least 1k, depending on trade-in, dpeosit e.t.c.

The big issue is that a Mini is supposed to be individual, if there are lots of Mini's the same identical spec then in my eyes it sort of devalues the spec of that car as its more common, worth using that as an argument to beat down the price.

The Dealer I spoke to at Stockport was talking about not selling many S cars, then again on the other hand mentioned that he could probably sell 3 times more of the D model. I think BMW are trying to keep the Clubman exclusive and are limiting the numbers sold in the UK. If you want a car that will nto depriciate then get a D, bearing in mind many S hatchback owners are going to Clubman D's due to it being a far more practical car (in terms of running costs).

Then again if the UK Budget in March has this planned vat reduction on green cars it might even kill that off.
post #36 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View ALD0's Hyper Blue & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View ALD0's Classified Ads

Send a message via MSN to ALD0 Send a message via Skype™ to ALD0
I have not seen any on the roads around me, I did have a good look around one in Woodman's, Some of it I like, some of it I don't, 1 of them the stupid Seat belt positioning of the suicide door, getting a child in and out will surely be frustrating with it getting tangled around his or her legs?

I don't think it's as practical as BMW make out to be?
Interesting though Lohen have bought one to use as their work horse as they could of got a Transit Van for half the money, a very expensive work horse indeed
post #37 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom View paulsavage's Classified Ads

I ordered one (cooper ClubmanD) two weeks before xmas and it had just arrived today!

So for the sake of a month I am waiting till march to collect. I guess a lot of people must be doing the same.
post #38 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2008, 03:03 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:17 PM

United States Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsavage View Post
I ordered one (cooper ClubmanD) two weeks before xmas and it had just arrived today!

So for the sake of a month I am waiting till march to collect. I guess a lot of people must be doing the same.
I'm amazed that UK dealers allow you to wait a month to pick up the cars. We must pick up our cars within 5 days or the end of the month whichever comes first.
I've waited for my Clubman for 2 years, so I'll go down the 120 miles as soon as they call unless the weather will be rainy or snowy. I won't bring Otto home in bad weather. Not usually a problem in Arizona. Otto is on the Isolde right now, so hoping to see him before the end of February.
I envy the accessibility you all have to getting the cars faster.
Cheers!:
post #39 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View ALD0's Hyper Blue & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View ALD0's Classified Ads

Send a message via MSN to ALD0 Send a message via Skype™ to ALD0
-Just seen my first one on the road today!
post #40 of 209 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2008, 10:19 PM
MINI2 Regular

Norway View Morro's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

Away from the dealer, I've only seen the one that I took for a test drive, and my own that I got on monday. Lovin' it!

post #41 of 209 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2008, 08:28 AM
nice

United Kingdom Male View merv's Astro Black & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

They seem to be selling fine in my area - Cheltenham does seem to be Mini city central but I seen Clubman's regularly - easily more than a dozen different cars - although only a couple have been 'S's
post #42 of 209 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

I am gutted Beastmaster, the yellow clubman is probably mine in worcester, i have not seen another yellow one in worcestershire. I will stick with the yellow as i don't think that there are many brave or daft enough buyers to go for the colour scheme. Ian
post #43 of 209 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
any day now....

Ireland Male

I was in Kearys MINI in Cork (Ireland) the other day and the salesman said that they thought it might do a little better than it is doing. I dont know if that is BMW or Keary's themselves, but in Ireland at least, I think the price is going to put people off it a bit. At 30K euro it very pricey for the amount of metal. The ONE does better in Eire, due to lower import duties. The R56 hatch has never put a longing in my heart that the R50 did, but I am sold on the clubman. Hook, line and sinker!

Even though I will be buying mine in the UK, I am a bit concerned that so few people are buying one. I plan to keep this car a long, long time but if I ever did have to sell quickly I am keeping resale values in mind. I think the clubman might not be as successful as hoped, but I think there will be a very loyal following, so hopefully residuals should be strong. With weak-ish demand I might be able to get a good deal.

Brian.
post #44 of 209 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Range Rover SDV8!

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

United Kingdom View Tigger Eeyore & Roo's Hyper Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Tigger Eeyore & Roo's Classified Ads

I find it a real shame that we have lost quite a few members of our club over the last few months (New MINI Kernow) when each of them needed something more practical than their current MINIs. They all looked at the Clubman first and then went and bought something else

Reasons ranged from it being impractical (too small, unable to sensibly hold three rear seat passengers, that "club" door), the looks and the high price No members have bought one yet.

5/04-2/07 R50, 2/07-5/10 R53, all outgrown!
And now, after a Mk2 Focus RS, 3 x Freelander 2's, 2 x Discovery 4's, its....
Impossible to show here within site image size restrictions
post #45 of 209 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Mr Big Stuff

United Kingdom Male View Shaun's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Clubman Profile View Shaun's Classified Ads

Your better off without them if they cant manage with a 3 door Mini then the Clubman is hardly a shining ray of hope. If people want a big car they will buy one its like the muppets who buy vast people carriers in case their child wants to bring his friends along (yeah and a roll of gaffer tape)
people think they need a huge boot then use it twice a year and 3 backs seats once a month.
Theres a big difference between a Mini owner and an enthusiast I have only ever run one car always a Mini or MINI I disassociated myself from my Mini owners club when the majority of the committee didint even drive Minis and held a secret vote on the new MINI.

Funny it took ages to see an R56 but at the moment they are outnumbering the R53 round here on daily sightings.I am finally starting to see one or two Clubmans out and about not that I want to its nice to have something different with the 500 hogging the limelight at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in