LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Now what have I done????

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Australia Male View dalboyne's Classified Ads

Looks very impressive, NumptyBoy - we can't wait to get our Clubman D, hopefully by late Feb or early Mar.....

We went for the factory-fit tow-bar - the cost was substantially less than the dealer retro-fit option.

We just wish MINI would also allow us to order a tow-bar for our new Cabrio....but that's another story

Ian

Not here much any more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Back In A Clubman 23yr On

Local Time: 08:52 AM

United Kingdom Male View ItsNumptyBoy's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboyne View Post
Looks very impressive, NumptyBoy - we can't wait to get our Clubman D, hopefully by late Feb or early Mar.....

We went for the factory-fit tow-bar - the cost was substantially less than the dealer retro-fit option.

We just wish MINI would also allow us to order a tow-bar for our new Cabrio....but that's another story

Ian
"Factory fit" includes uprated rear suspension.....not sure that the dealer fit would??

Yeah...I was following your thread on the R57 towbar....because the future may have held an R57 option for me EXCEPT I need a towbar on my vehicle

Thanks for this post from:
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Now what have I done????

Australia Male View dalboyne's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNumptyBoy View Post
"Factory fit" includes uprated rear suspension.....not sure that the dealer fit would??

Yeah...I was following your thread on the R57 towbar....because the future may have held an R57 option for me EXCEPT I need a towbar on my vehicle
MINI tell me it's due to a lack of demand - maybe you should advise your dealer of your demand! (Every litle helps....)

Or should we start a petition?

By the same token, maybe one day there will be a diesel cabrio.....

Not here much any more

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM
MINI2 Senior

United Kingdom Male View Rocco9999's White Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Clubman Profile View Rocco9999's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdenontoit View Post
"isn't approved" ???? by whom? I got the same line from MINIUSA , but here's the deal, I used to drive Honda Civics and with my '93 I used to tow a 17 ft Bayliner Capri speedboat weighing roughly a thousand pounds with no trouble at all. The tear drop trailer I was proposing to tow was 450 lbs. The Clubman outweighs that civic by a lot and has a whole lot more horsepower too, so I'm not really sure why this should have become the party line. I don't doubt at all that MINI doesn't approve of towing with their cars, but I do question the logic based on my own experience. I suspect it has a lot more to do with warrantee coverage and a serious case of covering the corporate ***** rather than any real life problems associated with towing.
Isnt it to do with the rear bumper / twin side exhausts? Mini would need to pay again for all the testing and type approval on the "S" since the rear end & towbar would be different.

This would cost a whole lot of money (think hundreds of thousands towards a million) and for only a small take-up (since the S is a hot hatch and most towers would pick a diesel.

Its annoying as it means I cant tow with my S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-clubman/154726-towbar-clubman.html
Posted By For Type Date
MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - Minidomore Trailer Hitch for Clubman (maybe in May) This thread Refback Mar 19th, 2009 03:38 AM
MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - Minidomore Trailer Hitch for Clubman (maybe in May) This thread Refback Nov 10th, 2008 06:23 PM
MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - Minidomore Trailer Hitch for Clubman (maybe in May) This thread Refback Nov 10th, 2008 12:48 PM