LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

View montizano's Classified Ads

clubman

clubman what a hoot to drive no bother with mine its far better with the engine re maped 150bhp yee haa as for the colour black with black canny beat it yes its a cooper d

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Stooey

United Kingdom Male View Stoo Med's White Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile View Stoo Med's Classified Ads

It's gotta be PW with black roof and piano black trim with chrome line. Does it for me.
I love my little Clubbie. All the more so as I picked up a new washing machine from Curry's this afternoon. Cant do that in a hatch. Nuf said!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01329.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	159146  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

If you want to have anyone in the back other than small children, the Clubman is a better option. Also, we had a direct comparison with someone at the supermarket this weekend - they had shopping in boot and across back seats, we had a similar amount all fitted in the boot with room to spare....

Some people don't like the Clubman's style, but if you like it, then buy it!

Also, really consider "nearly-new" - you could save a small fortune.......we did. Do you really need the Diesel? For sure it's economical, but a few thousand buys A LOT of petrol...

Colour is your choice - have what you want! We've got Chocolate Brown and Silver with Brown leather - we like it, who cares if anyone else does (though most seem to!)

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Male

Well..

I may also be biased.. cos I have a clubbie too but..

For me.. I havent driven a normal R56... but the clubman definitely has more space in the boot and in the back...especially if you take out the false floor. We have two kids 2yrs and 4yrs... the space in the back for them is plenty and have had no issues with adults either.

Went for the clubbie due to this reason and being a cooper S with speed / tune potential along with the TLC pack and running costs* (*not a major consideration) what with the warranty and aftersales care too was a no brainer.

Ours is Sparkling silver fully loaded with sat nav etc and has hot chocolate leather with the cream piping and fascias.... which was an initial hit with us and looks smart but still retro.. car cruises lovely on the motorway, 38 mpg at 75-80.. cant be bad,

Just had it remapped at Performance Torque and Will said it was the 5th Clubman he has done that has made more power standard than a "normal" mini cooper S...(200bhp)... Why?... he doesnt know.... But car is so much smoother and quicker than it was and wasnt even bad before.. its a complete joy to own...power delivery is sooo linear.

Right enough.. the diesel would be better on fuel.... but... the S will definitely be more fun to own and cheaper to buy for any negligible fuel saving.

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2010, 07:52 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 06:55 AM

Finland Male

There are several simple ways to test the difference. My decision was between Clubman and more inexpensive and smaller Italian retro. One of the first things in a showroom was sitting on rear seat when in a vehicle having drivers seat in normal position. That was enough to know the difference: In the other car I was not able to sit streit and I am only 5'10". The other thing is to place maximum weekly shopping bags in the cargo space. If they fit easily you have enough room, if they don't you haven't. My three bags fitted nicely in clubman.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 03:55 AM

United Kingdom

You can only do this with a Clubman :-)

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom View F11 YOU's Classified Ads

PW all the way

Here is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	159347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0883.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	159348  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:20 PM
On a Learning Journey

Scotland

Looked at both hatch and clubman - was sold on the quirky appeal of the clubman (plus the extra seat/seat belt in the rear).

Colour choice is subjective - Do your own thing .... but certain colours are so popular they suggest the owner lacks any imagination and always 'plays safe'.

Benhar, Breich and Forth a-go-go!
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2010, 09:21 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Female View gretenho's Classified Ads

We've got a hot chocolate diesel clubman and we love it! Also has chocolate leather-mmmmm!

We were a little worried about the boot space as we downsized from a MGZT-T which is huge but so far have not had any problems! In fact the boot is quite deep if you take the false floor out and we easily fitted in our holiday luggage. When we bought it we were considering getting a roof box but so far havent needed one.

We love the styling too and the fact that there doesnt seem to be many around still-especially in Hot chocolate.
Also like the pepper white though especially with brown leather!

We also have a hatchback Mini and although it is fine for shopping I find that I have to put shopping on the back seats -this is a small price to pay for having a Mini though!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2010, 09:35 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Male

Oh.. you have to admit...

The back end of the clubbie looks REALLY cool... lovin the R'se end
especially with the pipes either side at the rear... really sets it off.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2010, 06:11 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyB View Post
You can only do this with a Clubman :-)

This is exactly why I purchased the mini clubman yesterday. We will, in the future, want a puppy and having a hatch will be impractical.

Also, I sat in the rear seats of a clubman yesterday with the drivers seat in comfortable position. No squashed knees for my passengers :-) Brilliant!!!!
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

Good luck with the new car you will love it! Yesterday we took Alf to the woods in ours and a lady parked near us in her Hot Chocolate Clubman put 2 Springer Spaniels in the boot!

Alf loves the Clubman as he can see out as hes going along, our other car a Rav4 once hes in the boot he can't see. When were going out he often sits at the Mini as if to say " Can we go in this one ?"
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Cooper S Clubman

United Kingdom Male

Lovely Clubmans here :-) got my local dealer trying to source me one at the moment.

Hope to be able to join you soon in Clubland.

Drew :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in