LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
yes
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 01:55 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Left Rear Door won't open

Hello - would really appreciate the advice of anyone who's made it through similar problems.

I've spent a couple of weeks reading through any threads I can find on this issue but haven't made any progress.

- I've read and used the useful thread on getting the door open manually by reaching under the plastic door sill trim.

- I've read that the mechanism can fail - so I've replaced this.

- I've read that the right hand door latch needs to send a message to allow the left hand door to open. I've replaced this latch too, but found that when I did this the door still did open and the alarm goes off when ever I unlocked the car, so I changed this back.

- I read that the handles can fail and the contacts should be cleaned. This seemed like a sealed unit when I removed it so I bought a second hand one - (checked this with a multimeter and the switch seems to be working) but this hasn't made any difference.

SO questions -

1. Can anyone shed any light on why the alarm was triggered by the new latch? Does this require programming by Mini?

2. Any other ideas of what I am missing?

3. The car is 8 years old and my budget is limited - should I take this to a mini garage if cannot resolve myself? How will the costs escalate?

Thanks so much for any help

Thom (Bristol, England)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2016, 11:20 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 01:55 PM
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Sounds like a solenoid or switch is faulty. If you have changed them then check the wiring harness as these are a weak spot on the Clubmans barn doors.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in