Looking for a 2011-2013 clubman in the U.K. - MINI Cooper Forum

MINI Clubman MINI Clubman 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2017, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking for a 2011-2013 clubman in the U.K.

Hey, I am new to the forum so I thought it best to come here and look for advice.

I live in Ireland and am looking to buy a Mini Clubman between 2011-2013 going by the price ranges I have seen on autotrader. I would be looking for either a petrol cooper or a diesel 1.6 diesel but more likely the diesel as there seems to be more than them.The reason I am looking in the uk as there isn't that many clubman in Ireland and there is better spec available in the U.K.

I would be looking for a chilli pack ideally with xenon lights and sat nav ( I prefer the speedo dial with the sat nav) but those extras aren't a deal breaker.

The most important thing I would be looking for would be a well cared for and serviced car. I think forum members tend to look after and service cars because it's not just a car to them. Maybe somebody knows of a clubman for sale at the moment or one due to be for sale shortly that could be worth looking at.

Is there anything I should look out for when looking at a clubman!? I know it changed to the BMW Diesel engine in 2010 and have been doing my research on them (that's how I found the forum) but it would be great if anybody could point me in the right direction of what to check and then double check.

Looking forward to hearing from people and thanks in advance for any advice I do get.

Cheers

Geoff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 12:25 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

BMW diesel engine was still peugoet base engine in 2010 and 2011, I think it changed in 2012.

I'm probably going to sell my mini clubman or trade it in at a dealership as I want a gen3 clubman

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 08:23 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

I have 2 Clubmans, both diesel and Hdi engines and the are the dugs baws. I wouldn't touch a petrol with a barge pole. I can't comment on the BMW diesels but from what I do know about them they are not as good on MPG's as the Hdi units. The only reason why I bought the Clubmans were because of the engines!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in