LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2018, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

England Male

Unhappy Worried Clubman Cooper S troubles

Hi I've my Mini since September 2nd. I've got from what I read the terrible 2D52, 2DCD, 2880 codes off diagnosis com.
Can anyone tell me if it's fixable, any idea (just an estimate, ball park) how much? it's got a warranty and hopefully it will cover at least most of it.
I fell in love with my Mini, she is a stunner and I would love to spend many more miles together.
Thanks for anything you can tell me..
From a heartbreaking Clubman Man...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2018, 03:17 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 03:38 PM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggers18 View Post
Hi I've my Mini since September 2nd. I've got from what I read the terrible 2D52, 2DCD, 2880 codes off diagnosis com.
Can anyone tell me if it's fixable, any idea (just an estimate, ball park) how much? it's got a warranty and hopefully it will cover at least most of it.
I fell in love with my Mini, she is a stunner and I would love to spend many more miles together.
Thanks for anything you can tell me..
From a heartbreaking Clubman Man...
2D52 Super knocking. could be a number of things most likely timing chain before doing anything else this needs checking seen so many people jump the gun and fit high pressure pumps to find later they have car running retarded causing it to pink and knock and blame fuelling before the real issue ir stretched timing chain causing engine out of time and over lap on valves dumps un burnt air fuel mix on upstream 02 sensor this also cause ignition inside the cat and 02 sensor part ,, this said its possible both are at fault.. but more likely timing chain if car done around 60k never run low on oil and has been driven hard 60k is it, if car run low on oil and booted around from the off then seen them with as low as 30k needing chain doing,, get chain checked first job or if my car and was around these mileages just get it changed as its only waiting to go south,

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in