Minimun Spec?? - Page 2 - MINI Cooper Forum

MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
Now Cooper D Clubman

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Male View Griffer's Pure Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger, Eeyore & Roo View Post
It's, without any doubt, a huge improvement; it's just how they should all have left the factory in the first place.

Sadly, however, come trade in time the dealer is likely to offer you naff all in additional trade in allowance and I think that's the main issue for thread starter.

Tigger.
Original thread said resale and/or desirability. 50 is a small price to lose at trade in to ensure you can look at the car the time you own it!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:42 PM

United Kingdom

United-Kingdom Minimum spec thoughts

As a newbie, I'll stick my head over the parapet and say "less is more"!

I drive a company owned Ocatavia and own a S1 Elise for fun. I'm tempted by the new Cooper D as my next company car, however, I have a lease budget equating to a purchase price of approx 15k. With this in mind, I have configured a Cooper D which looks good and is not loaded with heavy, needless optional extras. For example, who needs air con? It is fitted to my Octavia, but is used about a half a dozen times a year!

Mini Cooper D in Mellow Yellow with black roof (14,175) and the following options:-

16" Bridge alloys (460)- less unsprung weight, without harsher ride of 17" wheels
Space Saver spare wheel (40)- foam is OK, but what do you do if you rip a sidewall!
3 spoke Leather sports steering wheel (180)- I hate plastic steering wheel rims
Heated mirrors/washer jets (40)- essential for winter safety
Sport button (90)- sharpens steering and throttle responses

Total cost= 14,985

Who needs to spend 18k? In any case, you'll lose most of the cost of optional extras on resale.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Clubman Rules!

United Kingdom Male View Mini ClubMan's Lightning Blue & Silver 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

Well its clearly a matter of choice, I spend 4hrs+ a day in my car and cover 35000 miles a year - my aircon is never off as I hate being warm when driving, I like to have access to all my music collection without having to mess around with CD's - hence the Ipod connection. For me the many extras Ive ordered is about making my working day more enjoyable amd more comfortable - not looking to make the money back at trade in... its about the here and now.

It really is down to personal choice .

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

England Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy2 View Post
As a newbie, I'll stick my head over the parapet and say "less is more"!

who needs air con? It is fitted to my Octavia, but is used about a half a dozen times a year!

do you live in the mountains?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2007, 12:57 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crammy View Post
do you live in the mountains?
No, I just don't like being chilled to the bone! Plus, if it's very hot, I can always take the Elise (with the roof off, naturally!)

For the record, I do 30k miles in my company car and prefer to savour the driving rather than posing experience. I'm sorry, but that's the impression I get as a non Mini driver/owner. For instance, I can't recall the last time I saw a Mini being driven with any enthusiasm.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!

United Nations Male View ONED's Nightfire Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogg View Post
Opinions from people that have different options are always helpful, but looking at this question objectively as someone who has spent the last 10 years selling cars my advice would be to keep it simple.

The Glass's Guide that all dealerships use to value cars breaks each model down into Base +SALT +PEPPER and +CHILI (where applicable) and assumes that all cars have metallic paint and air conditioning. ALL other options are ignored. However, some dealers will take highly desirable options into consideration when valuing a car, but don't count on this. It is also important to note that the resale value of cars fitted with, in the case of Cooper, a PEPPER or CHILI Pack is virtually identical to the difference in the cost new, so either would be equally good value.

From my experience, the Sports Front Seats, Visibility Pack and MFSW are desirable from a dealer's perspective, but things like a Sunroof or White Indicator Lenses are just classed as a bonus.

Also, don't be tempted to go for the cheaper PEPPER Pack but upgrade to 16" alloys and/or part-leather upholstery, as you will lose out long term.

The only other option I would strongly recommend on a Cooper is one of the interior finishes, as the door ellipses otherwise look cheap and nasty. A Colour Line on the other hand will do little or nothing to enhance the value of the car.

Hope this is of at least some help?
...I think ours ticks all the boxes!

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
You've just been totalled

England

I quite like the orange lenses on our PW R56. For 50, we should have gone for them, but, Im not gonna loose any sleep over not choosing them As regards basic spec, Pepper, or Chili Pack. Also on Met Paint, solid colours such as Pepper White (no im not just saying that) and Chili Red are in high demand all the time, and will always sell, as long as they haven't been molested with (can't really comment on Mellow Yellow or Oxygen Blue yet).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in