MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Totalled

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Hickster's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile View Hickster's Classified Ads

Send a message via MSN to Hickster Send a message via Yahoo to Hickster
Mine vibrates at certain speeds. Got used to it now so isn't a major problem.

D-lite-full
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 08:54 AM

United Kingdom View anzzyde's Classified Ads

bit late but worth adding i think.

no vibrations at all at any speed. I do a lot of motorway miles most of which are slightly above legal with no vibrations in the rear view mirror.

For those who are experiencing vibrations to a point where it renders it unusable (or even slight vibrations) then that's a major safety issue if you ask me. No problems when i was using Dunlop runflats and no problems still with nankand ns2 normal tyres (off topic but if anyone is thinking that these tyres are cr*p because the low cost then you should reconsider.. damn good tyres for the money if you ask me!).

My Dooper has its niggles but this does add to the sizable hill of problems associated with this generation of MINI's.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok

Local Time: 10:54 AM

Switzerland Female View BettyBoop's White Silver & Denim Blue 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Convertible Profile

oooh I'm so happy to have found this topic. My brand-new Dooper (she's barely 3 weeks old) has the same issue. Funnily enough, this happens only at a certain speed range - between 110 and 118 km/h to be exact. Below and beyond that, I don't have this problem. So there must be some kind of resonance setting in at exactly this speed range. The vibrations don't render the mirror unusable but it still can be a safety issue.

Last edited by BettyBoop; Jan 8th, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2009, 12:07 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View paule3's Sparkling Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile

My November 07 build Dooper (with 6,900 miles on it), 16" Bridges with Runflats - and the auto dim mirror doesn't vibrate. Well anymore, I noticed on my drive back from Robert Stern on the M5 when I picked it up that the mirror was vibrating. But it doesn't do it any more.

I find there are more vibrations with a diesel engine, but couldn't say there's an actual reason for the mirror vibrating (e,g wheels, auto dim etc)
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Female View supa-dupa-cooper's Chili Red & White 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile View supa-dupa-cooper's Classified Ads

Ive currently got an 08 build Dooper running on std suspension and 15" alloys as a loan car, and the mirror vibrates really badly!

I was coming back home on the motorway yesterday and at 70mph it was impossible to look in the rear view mirror without it making me feel sick As soon as you put your hand on it, it stops and you have a perfectly clear view not a fuzzy one!!

I don't remember my own Dooper doing this, or any other MINI ive driven for that matter.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2009, 03:24 PM
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok

Switzerland Female View BettyBoop's White Silver & Denim Blue 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Convertible Profile

I'll go see my car dealer next week about this problem, I'll keep you guys tuned....

R57 MINI Cooper S cabriolet - july 2012
white silver, denim blue softtop
photos
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I'll go see my car dealer next week about this problem, I'll keep you guys tuned....
Saw my MINI dealer this morning. They think it's not so bad (only a slight vibration) - but since the car is brand-new they will replace the rear view mirror and check if there are no other problems related tthat might be the cause of this issue.

photos
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2009, 08:00 AM
MINI2 Senior

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom View W44NE G's Pure Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Profile View W44NE G's Classified Ads

I bought my Cooper D new last December ('07) and the mirror has never vibrated. I've got standard suspension and 17" non-runflat wheels.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View paule3's Sparkling Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Saw my MINI dealer this morning. They think it's not so bad (only a slight vibration) - but since the car is brand-new they will replace the rear view mirror and check if there are no other problems related tthat might be the cause of this issue.
At least they're replacing it and checking for any related faults.
How many miles have done? I noticed my mirror vibrated on pick up (7 miles on clock) but it stopped.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2009, 02:12 PM
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok

Quote:
Originally Posted by W44NE G View Post
I bought my Cooper D new last December ('07) and the mirror has never vibrated. I've got standard suspension and 17" non-runflat wheels.
I have sport suspension and right now I'm using my winter tires on 15" standard wheels. I don't want to wait for spring/summer and my 17" flame spokes to check if this problem is related to that, or to the auto-dimming mirror (which is what I suspect) or to something else. Anyway, the MINI's brand new, so it's up to them to find out what's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule3 View Post
At least they're replacing it and checking for any related faults.
How many miles have done? I noticed my mirror vibrated on pick up (7 miles on clock) but it stopped.
I have done more than 4000 km (2500 miles). I've had this problem since day one (3 km on the counter). It never stopped.

After some testing, it seems that the mirror vibrates when the engine runs at slightly above 2000 rpm, which is a fairly normal engine speed, IMHO.

photos
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View cbpete's Classified Ads

Send a message via MSN to cbpete
HI guys, Now been on long run on motorway, speeds up to 78 MPH and I have no vibration there, I'm on 17" runflats.
Pete
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2009, 10:59 PM
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok

Here's my update on this matter.
My MINI came back yesterday from the MINI garage. They changed the internal rear view mirror and this corrected the problem.

photos
Thanks for this post from:
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Now what have I done????

Australia Male View dalboyne's Classified Ads

That's good news, BettyBoop - hope it stays vibration-free now!

Not here much any more
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:22 AM
MINI2 Regular

Scotland Male

I have had this problem since the day i picked up my car new in March 08 and the dealers just said they have never heard of any problems with the mirror vibrating and I do have auto dimming mirror like a few of you have, it only vibrates at certain speeds as already mentioned by a few of you.

Just so relieved to actual find out that I wasn't just imagining it!!! and I'm not the only one with this problem

I too am now just living with it... never mind.

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2009, 07:48 PM
VROOOOOOO.... pokpokpok

Hi zimbo, you're certainly not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboyne View Post
That's good news, BettyBoop - hope it stays vibration-free now!
I guess I wasn't out of the wood yet. The rear mirror started vibrating again... but it's less than before. Anyway. I guess I won't be able to get rid of this.

Anyway, I'm visiting MINI's quality center in Oxford during MINI UNITED in may, and I'll be sure to ask them about this problem.

photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in