Just ordered our Dooper with new '09 specs - MINI Cooper Forum
MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 08:48 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom View rich-t's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile

United-Kingdom Just ordered our Dooper with new '09 specs

Hi. My girlfreind and I have just got back from ordering our Dooper. We have gone for the followin spec:

Pepper white with black roof,
Lea Lounge Carbon black leather interior,
Multi function steering wheel,
Centre arm rest,
Sport Button,
White indicators &
Chili Pack

We only found out today that the specs and prices have changed. The prices have gone up but you get more standard kit and the Chili pack includes more e.g you now get air con as standard and the Chili pack inludes auto air con, heated mirrors and washer jets (sounds boring, but quite useful) and basic bluetooth/i-pod (something we were going to get anyway). In the end I think we paid the same with the new prices as if we had paid the old prices for the same spec car.

Funny thing was we went to two dealers. The first (Stratstone, Derby) quoted us 2008 prices. I thought we were going to buy from them as they seemed like they were going to do us a good deal. Then the sales manager came out and started being a bit rude so we left. At the second place (Sytner Nottingham) they told us about the new prices etc. and seemed more up front so we delt with them. I reckon the first place realised they had made a mistake and wanted to get rid of us rather than admit it.

Anyway. It should be here at the end of Jan. Can't wait.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Dooper is the dogz!

United Kingdom Male

Send a message via MSN to ben__allen
Exciting times!!!

It might be that the rude dealer were trying to shift the last bits of the '08 allocation to you - I know when I ordered my '04 Cooper they gave me the choice of a pre- or post-facelift car...

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2008, 10:50 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male

United-Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben__allen View Post
Exciting times!!!

It might be that the rude dealer were trying to shift the last bits of the '08 allocation to you - I know when I ordered my '04 Cooper they gave me the choice of a pre- or post-facelift car...
But if he were having a car built to order, would it not automatically be 2009 spec? Or is it still possible to order the old spec, and if so would it be the old price I wonder...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom View rich-t's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Profile

They did seem very keen to flog us a pre reg to start with, then never mentioned '09 specs. We did not find out about the changes until visiting sytner.The guy at Sytner was supprised that they were able to do us a quote on an '08 spec car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in