LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New Shell FuelSave Diesel?

Hi All

Has anyone tried the new Shell FuelSave Diesel in their Doopers? I filled up with it on Friday and drove from Nottingham to Birmingham and back. The absolute best mpg I have obtained on the computer is around 68. Imagine my surprise then when it hit an average of 80 during this trip!

With the computer still showing an average of over 75 (as I had covered a few less economical miles since returning home) I refilled at the same garage. I couldn't believe that my ACTUAL mpg was only 62? Now, my computer is usually around 2 to 4 mpg on the optimistic side, but should it really be out by 13mpg! I wondered if this new fuel could somehow "confuse" the computer?

JED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Nick_from_Suffolk's Classified Ads

Garage
I had to use this fuel when my local garage had no premium available (and I didn't have sufficient fuel left to find another Shell garage). It turned out to be more expensive than the premium, as the real mpg was much lower than the cost saving.

I don't trust the average mpg calculation - my long term (17k miles) average reading is in the high 60s, whereas my real fuel consumption is just under 58mpg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in