post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 2016, 08:48 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius64 View Post
Hello everyone,

Similar to Taffysblog, I too followed the instructions to replace the DPF additive on my 10 plate Cooper Clubman. Here's a list of my experiences:

1. Don't let anyone tell you the additive you buy off ebay is wrong. It isn't. The filling adaptors with the bottle (don't just buy the additive, get the filler kit too) fit the Mini exactly.
2. The biggest pain I found was finding a jacking point for a 2 ton hydraulic that gave you enough space to drop the jacking points onto a pair of axle stands at the rear. Get a piece of wood around 20-30cm long and put it in line with the plastic-covered sill just forward of the jacking points. You won't break the plastic as the load will be spread evenly.
3. The electrical connector came off in seconds; I couldn't get the fuel line connector off at all. Luckily you can drop the case and undo it under the car without having to take this off. Be careful not to pull on it or put any extra strain though.
4. Be prepared to saw through the bolt just like Adioz did. It is an absolute pain and you have to loosen the bolt just enough to get a hacksaw between the plastic mounting lug and the top of the case, but a bit of jiggling will give you the gap you need. You'll probably have to drill through what's left of the bolt into the mounting but a good-sized replacement bolt with two big washers will do the trick nicely. Frankly, I can't see how they'd do anything other than that at a garage anyway.
5. Regardless of what some people have said, you CAN reset the DPF through the trip computer. Do what Taffysblog says. It took me three minutes and is now reset to 80K.

Do NOT attempt this without a good jack and axle stands. Ramps would be even better, a pit or platform a gift from heaven. As most of my plastic undertrays had gone (other than the one over the DPF tank) the underside was absolutely filthy (duh) so wear protective goggles.

Hope this helps
Can you provide a link as not able to find the reset any place on my R56 2008 Cooper D.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 09:51 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Female

Hi everyone,

This is my experience:
Yellow warning light for dpf filter malfunction started appearing on my Mini's dashboard so I found the post from ADIOZ and showed it to my father to see what he should do. He followed the instructions and when he finally dismantled this dpf system it was full of dirt but the bag was almost full with fluid. So he just cleaned it and returned everything back and now it works great, the yellow warning light disappeared by itself.
As you see this is also possible.

I hope this helped.
Cheers!

Cooper R likes this.
Thanks for this post from:
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2016, 07:40 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Hi to all i am glad my original post has helped so many, the main dealers are having your pants down over this my cooper d now has 148000m and still going strong other than a few age related niggles, i did have the Dpf gutted last year and mapped out, its no better than when it was fitted other than it never does the regen thing anymore i still left all the original pipework etc in place just in case it ever went tits up keep up the good work i love the camel back water refill bag mods never thought of that..
SeanC likes this.

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2016, 08:10 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIOZ View Post
Hi to all i am glad my original post has helped so many, the main dealers are having your pants down over this my cooper d now has 148000m and still going strong other than a few age related niggles, i did have the Dpf gutted last year and mapped out, its no better than when it was fitted other than it never does the regen thing anymore i still left all the original pipework etc in place just in case it ever went tits up keep up the good work i love the camel back water refill bag mods never thought of that..
Out of interest, how many miles was on your clock before you needed to replace the fluid?
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2016, 11:45 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)

Australia Male

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart_roch View Post
Can you provide a link as not able to find the reset any place on my R56 2008 Cooper D.

Thanks
Try this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCBWPFSmckE
SeanC likes this.
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2016, 08:58 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Out of interest, how many miles was on your clock before you needed to replace the fluid?
Thinking back it was just over 70000m but my lads clubby was 76000 and still going strong, i assume with me using it as a Driving instructor car it was doing loads of regens dont know if that affected it t all..
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2016, 09:33 PM
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIOZ View Post
Thinking back it was just over 70000m but my lads clubby was 76000 and still going strong, i assume with me using it as a Driving instructor car it was doing loads of regens dont know if that affected it t all..
One of my Doopers has done 130,000 miles and its perfect so far. Its all motorway miles mind you so maybe that has something to do with it.

My other Dooper is on about 44,000 miles now and again that's a motorway muncher but with that one it had a bit of bother with its dpf a few months ago and regenerated itself then failed on a few other issues a few weeks later (MAF/ EGR and burt intercooler air intake pipe) and one of the codes was a dpf failure. BMW replaced the MAF sensor under warranty, replaced the rocker cover (false diagnostics on their part) which cost me 315 and handed me the car back in a worse state than before it went in so in the end I had to fix it myself by diagnosing the burst intercooler air intake pipe and doing a forced regen of the dpf with my diagnostics equipment. That was about 5 weeks ago and touch wood all has been perfect since and the car goes like a rocket again
Milpol and minione2002 like this.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2016, 06:27 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
One of my Doopers has done 130,000 miles and its perfect so far. Its all motorway miles mind you so maybe that has something to do with it.

My other Dooper is on about 44,000 miles now and again that's a motorway muncher but with that one it had a bit of bother with its dpf a few months ago and regenerated itself then failed on a few other issues a few weeks later (MAF/ EGR and burt intercooler air intake pipe) and one of the codes was a dpf failure. BMW replaced the MAF sensor under warranty, replaced the rocker cover (false diagnostics on their part) which cost me 315 and handed me the car back in a worse state than before it went in so in the end I had to fix it myself by diagnosing the burst intercooler air intake pipe and doing a forced regen of the dpf with my diagnostics equipment. That was about 5 weeks ago and touch wood all has been perfect since and the car goes like a rocket again
Are they both PSAs or BMWs and i have had to replace intercooler as it was leaking, mines not right it has an intermittent problem that its had for 3 years, every now and again when pulling away with low ish revs it drops into limp mode when we fetch the error codes off it comes up with fuel rail pressure outside parameters i have replaced maf sensor, just replaced outside air temp sensor also, its been showing -30 when its been +9 outside, i have a fuel rail pressure sensor just need time to replace it and i also think there is a pressure sensor or valve on the high pressure pump.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2016, 06:34 AM
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom

Both my Dooper's are PSA'S and never had any mechanical problems as such with them apart from the intercooler pipe splitting and it taking out the Maf on her car. My Dooper has 130k on it and the only real mechanical maintenance it's had other than servicing is a turbo rebuild which I personally done last year purely for peace of mind due to its mileage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffysblog View Post
Hi Guys, I have just sorted out the DPF additive on my Wife's 08 Mini. I followed the instructions that were contained in this thread and to be totally honest, they were great.

I would just like to add a few details that haven't been answered though.

I bought a 1 ltr bottle of Eolys 176 (pat fluid) from Euro car parts for 30.20, as this is all you need to fill the bag.

My bag was split, so when I started to fill it, the fluid started to leak out. I wanted to get the car done the same day, so decided to buy a 2 ltr hydration bladder, made by Karrimor, from sports direct at my local store, which was on offer for 9.99.
You need a 2 ltr bag, since the bag has to lay flat in the plastic tank holder under the car.
I cut off the carrying handle and cut the tube to fit on the original connector of the mini dpf bag.
Finally, refitted everything, went onto YouTube and followed the video of how to reset warning lights for brakes, and there was an option to reset the additive light (same symbol that flashes up) pressed reset, 80,000 miles quickly flashed up and hey presto, all done.

A big thank you to all you guys on here, your information was invaluable, saved me 100's

Just hope my experience has helped more of you to save money too. The total cost for the job............40.19
😉 sorted

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2017, 01:42 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

the fluid counter can only be reset with software via eobd socket, i use autocom cdp+ or if your local garage has a delphi system that will also reset counter and will also bleed prime the pump.. also it will reset adaptations and force regen the dpf.. just filling tank wont do any good must have this level reset.. also if car has any other fault codes ie glow plug out or a sensor problem etc the dpf will not regen and will not force regen either.. i add cataclean dpf cleaner to the eloys fluid bag helps with short trips start and stops also mot time it always goes through very low readings.. also everytime you undo the fuel filler the fluid will be sprayed in to fuel tank going on a set theory of you will be filling the fuel tank with diesel and sprays a dose for a full tanks worth,, so the odd 5 here and there is expensive in the long run.. you can buy autocom cdp+ online will need the silver case model as this is full copy allows all functions. autocom have a website.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2017, 05:46 AM

Belgium

Thank you for the useful info!
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 12:33 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Followed the how to
Now sorted
Many thanks
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2017, 12:35 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Brilliant
Replacement back installed yesterday many thanks for the how to
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Mini One D

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

England

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in