post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2015, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

View McSaul_21's Classified Ads

57' Dooper Modifications - UK

Hi guys,
I've just had my PepperWhite Dooper for 4 weeks now and I'm looking to start doing some modifications too it. Can anyone help me and direct me in the right way.

Currently looking to replace the horrible plastic pipes for black silicone too and from the airbox to turbo then work my way too the radiator pipes and auxiliary piping. Solid boost pipes is also in the pipelines.

Peformance - I'd like to do the usual Stage 2 map side of things like Peformance AirFilter, preferably a panel filter, better intercooler like Airtec, eventually a larger turbo, Miltek R56S cat back exhaust then get it all mapped in. Lowering springs too!

Brakes - JCW front calipers or similar with Drilled & Grooved all round.

Exterior - My Dooper is really basic having been a R56D. I would like to install the following parts from the R56S : Bonnet/Hood Scoop, front grilles, Xenon/Projector headlights, fuel filler cap, rear bumper with centre exit possibly even the front bumper. Also looking for R91 Bullet alloys and a small shark fin aerial.

Interior - Upgraded lighting, Upgraded Speakers, Boot Build with 2x8"/10" Subwoofers, Windows tinted. I would really like to get hold of a oem Satnav system but can't justify the price unless they have RCA input-output for camera and Subwoofer. Also black headlining.

All help and advise would be appreciated
!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2015, 01:24 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Male

I also want to do something with my R56 2.0D . Perhaps these websites will help you. I bought the original xenon lights and LED fog -daytime running lights for 1500 Eur with installation from BMW dealer. Also maybe you can find on forgemotorsport.com : air filter (introduction kit $ 260), intercooler silicone hoses coolanet $ 300 and intercooler for around $ 740. On minisport2.com can be found the brakes and suspension and on realoem.com you can compare what will fit your car , for example BMW Mini Cooper R56 LCI 2.0 D engine type N47N and R56 LCI 2.0 SD you can compare and difference is rear muffler pipe diameter 48 mm to 55 mm on SD ( on this difference you loss around 10% of power) if you want upgrade your exhaust system you have to replace front muffler 18308512386 part number and then you can put for example Akrapovic Evolution Line ME-MIN/TI/1H with P-DEL3 ( eliminate engine check error). And on parts.miniofkennesaw.com you can buy genuine parts from leather seats covers to satnav and if you think to put the central rear muffler you have to buy brackets left 18302755167 - right 68 and insulation on the body. For the front hood of the Cooper S 41612754741 p.n. ($ 500) be careful because the turbo on petrol engine is the front and not on the back as the diesel (because of isolation).
I hope it will help you .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in