LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2015, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just bought a 2007 Cooper d and have a few questions

Hi all,

Just had to get rid of my mercedes clc220 as it was costing me too much in diesel each month so bought a 2007 Cooper D and have a few questions about some of the things the car has or might not have.

In the manual it says the car has auto stop start, but I've never seen it work. There are 2 buttons in front of the gear stick and if I remember rightly, one of them is acs off up can't remember the other one so not sure if this has anything to do with itit.

My next question is about the tyre warning light that comes on when I start the car. The car has 3rs party alloys on it with Goodyear tyres and the symbol is coming on as red which means that it can't read the tyre pressure or there is a substantial loss of pressure but I drove to the petrol station to check the pressure and they're all correct. Is there a way to reset this or hide the error on the computer at all?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2015, 01:47 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Lots of factors affect the stop start and a failing battery is most likely the cause. Both my Cooper D's have stop start but only the wifes one works and even at that it now it restarts itself after about 20 seconds which tells me the battery is weakening and tbh the stop start is just a gimmick in my opinion so I won't be fixing mine or replacing the battery until I absolutely have to. With regards to the run flat light, so long as it goes off then everything is ok, just remember to keep an eye on your tyre pressure as its a bit of a pain to reset on the second generation minis

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2015, 08:24 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

England Male

Hi I have a 2011 cooper d when I 1st got mine last January the auto stop start only worked after a long journey then the next day it packed up again. The garage I got it from replace the battery and all ok . Reasons for auto stop start done work are as follows
BATTERY LEVEL LOW
SEAT BELT NOT ON
CAR ENGINE NOT WARMER UP
OUT SIDE TEMPERATURE COLD ( under 3 degrees)
CAR CABIN NOT REACHED SET TEMPERATURE IF CLIMATE CONTROL SET
it also don't work when car is in reverse gear. ( could be more reasons I don't know but these are the main reasons )

As for the tyre warning light it's easy to reset the button is on the end of the light switch
Press button until tyre warning comes up on rev counter clock press and hold ( should take no more than 10 seconds)
Hope this is a help to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in