LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:47 AM
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

MINI Cooper R56 (2008) D1.6 Intermittent Acceleration

Hi there once again guys. I received back my car from a serious leakage that was discovered after a month of investigation. The problem was a faulty injector seal and it has been replaced. After repairing the car, the next day while accelerating from low rpm and second gear the car has an intermittent of acceleration. Not too serious though, you can just feel it.

The problem is that it doesn't happen often, just every now and then. I used to have this problem when I had petrol engine cars and usually was coming from faulty sparks. Since my car is diesel I don't know from where is it coming from.

Does anybody know what can cause an intermittent acceleration on a diesel engine?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2017, 08:56 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Dirty/ clogged injectors, worn injector seal/s, dirty fuel filter, worn HPFP, dirty/ faulty EGR Valve or quite possibly something else.

I'd whack a bottle of wynns injector cleaner in it with the next couple or 3 tank fulls first and see if that makes any difference. When was it's last oil service (including air filter) ?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2017, 08:59 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Oh try BP Ultimate too if you don't already use it. Keep away from the supermarket shyte. BP Ultimate has a cleaning agent in it

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Hi SeanC. Thanks for your help again. Technically the seals are brand new. In fact one of them was causing the leaking in previous conversations we had. After the replacement of the seal the problem appeared.

I will use this injector cleaner for a start and see how it goes. I will let the garage know immediately since it has been a day away from them. It looks like I fix one problem and another one appears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in