Mini Cooper 1.6 D ~ No Turbo Boost Please Help ! - MINI Cooper Forum

MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Mini Cooper 1.6 D ~ No Turbo Boost Please Help !

Hello everybody! I would really appreciate your help. I have a R55 mini Clubman Diesel with 122,000 on the clock. Injector 3 was leaking massively so I changed all the copper seals on all 4 injectors. Now I have no turbo boost at all. It starts and runs perfectly with no smoke at all. I fitted a new vacuum solenoid, blanked off the egr valve and still no boost. Changed the turbo, cleaned the pick up, cleaned the oil cooler, intercooler etc but still no turbo! Can anyone shed some light on the situation before I go out of my mind 😩

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2017, 06:49 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B218ahb1 View Post
Hello everybody! I would really appreciate your help. I have a R55 mini Clubman Diesel with 122,000 on the clock. Injector 3 was leaking massively so I changed all the copper seals on all 4 injectors. Now I have no turbo boost at all. It starts and runs perfectly with no smoke at all. I fitted a new vacuum solenoid, blanked off the egr valve and still no boost. Changed the turbo, cleaned the pick up, cleaned the oil cooler, intercooler etc but still no turbo! Can anyone shed some light on the situation before I go out of my mind 😩
first off diagnostic scan is a must to find it fast,, but couple of clues for me would be the small vac pipes that run the vnt on the turbo you said you replaced the solenoid valve check the pipes are on the correct way around, bearing in mind one pipe is just a breather for the diagram inside the valve also would check the map sensor wiring or sensor not got gummed up when cleaned out the pipe work,, also if you have blanked off the egr valve with removing the software for it then car will go in to limp mode... you can not just blank off a egr valve on those engines ,,, that said you can restrict it by having a 7mm hole drilled in middle of it,,, those engine because of dpf must have no fault codes stored in ecu to allow the dpf filter to regenerate.... i have 2008 clubman cooper d with egr and dpf delete and a map its first engine went bang due to glowplugs not working this caused the dpf to block up and still last owner drove on until finally the turbo went south and went in to a diesel run on ie drank its engine oil and reved until had holes in cylinder block from conrods out the side, i have seen seen a lot of these on all makes of modern cars over the years,,,

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2017, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks mike, will check the vac hoses are on correctly... any idea on which way they go? Have done a code scan and the only code is an alternator code which won’t clear! It is a brand new alternator. Is there a way to tell if this is a dpf fault?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2017, 08:58 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B218ahb1 View Post
Thanks mike, will check the vac hoses are on correctly... any idea on which way they go? Have done a code scan and the only code is an alternator code which won’t clear! It is a brand new alternator. Is there a way to tell if this is a dpf fault?
what are you using to scan it, because P-codes will not show up on most scanners, inpa or autocom cdp plus or snap on or launch pro ie dealer level,,
autocom on ebay £57 one is best its user friendly cant do any damage with it and will allow full function for all systems, including dpf, get one go in to live data you can add streams to it off a list add all dpf and fueling streams you will be looking for particulate filter last regen, also looking for particulate filter content if this shows more than 75% its time to change or delete also the soot content,, you can try a forced regen but this wont work if car has any fault codes saved in memory and to be honest on 75% filter and new turbo its a gamble could kill your new turbo, as regen is 8-12 minutes car will rev by its self at 4000 revs and boy it gets hot,, always have bonnet up dont walk away from it keep watching for any issues under the bonnet also pays to put car on a concrete standing as exhaust gets so hot...
as for the vac controller the pipe nearest the multi plug for electric side of it is the vent pipe should have a filter on it. the next pipe in ie the middle connection is feed from the vac pump supply and the end one is the feed to turbo,, thats how mine is and mine works fine..

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in