MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2018, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Suddenly lost acceleration

Hi, 1.6 diesel mini. Has driven to South Wales from Cambridge fine until day of return. Got drenched overnight and since then I.e. first time started after, had very gradual acceleration from start with no warning light on. Couldn’t get past 3000 revs in 3rd or above. Needed to get home so decided to baby it back. 60 miles left and started to lose more power so pulled over as engine light (amber) had come on. Ideas? Thanks in advance, Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2018, 04:59 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Sounds like it could be a blocked fuel filter.
When was it changed last?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2018, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Thanks, that was my first thought- will check when I can get to the invoices

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2018, 05:12 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Luke Young View Post
Hi, 1.6 diesel mini. Has driven to South Wales from Cambridge fine until day of return. Got drenched overnight and since then I.e. first time started after, had very gradual acceleration from start with no warning light on. Couldn’t get past 3000 revs in 3rd or above. Needed to get home so decided to baby it back. 60 miles left and started to lose more power so pulled over as engine light (amber) had come on. Ideas? Thanks in advance, Dan
needs to be scanned for fault code, as have had a light come on there will be a code in the ecu, blocked fuel filter will bring up fuel pressure code, more likely to be dpf related from experience with the psa engine diesels, and egr or timing chain of later n47 bmw engined cars, but all guessing without a diagnostics scan, cheapest way go buy a autocom load it to a laptop and can read it your self dealer level

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2018, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1967 View Post
Quote:
needs to be scanned for fault code, as have had a light come on there will be a code in the ecu, blocked fuel filter will bring up fuel pressure code, more likely to be dpf related from experience with the psa engine diesels, and egr or timing chain of later n47 bmw engined cars, but all guessing without a diagnostics scan, cheapest way go buy a autocom load it to a laptop and can read it your self dealer level
Cheers Mike, will explore that option- will certainly get it checked. Any reputable mobile firm you’d recommend? Thanks Dan
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1967 View Post
Quote:
Cheers Mike, will explore that option- will certainly get it checked. Any reputable mobile firm you’d recommend? Thanks Dan
So got the scan done this morning - noticed the warning light had gone and scan says no error codes...confusion reigns!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in