Mini R56 D cold weather - modification required ? - MINI Cooper Forum

MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Post Mini R56 D cold weather - modification required ?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I am looking for some advice I have recently moved from a warm(ish) country (Belgium) to a much cooler one, Finland, with a 2007 R56 Mini Cooper D. The car has 200000km and is running well, the turbo and EGR valve have been replaced due to failure.

I do not have indoor car parking and so the car will be left on the street during the winter. The parking spot is equipped with a 220V socket. As of I am writing the temperature is still warm (6C) but will soon drop. In January and February, the average temperature is between -2C to -7C with peaks maximum up to -30C (-22F)!

I am wondering if I should do any modification to the car to resist the cold weather, what are the "obvious" things to do for cold weather?

I am currently using Gastrol EDGE 0W-30 for engine's oil, should I change it ? Do I need to install a block heater or any kind of heating ?

I have winter tires and winter windshield washer fluid but that's it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Tags
block heater , cold weather , diesel , mini r56

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in