LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 10:02 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Stutter at low revs

Hi all hope you can help.
Just bought a Mini Cooper d 2010 March and its got a stutter did some googling and then disconnected the maf sensor car then runs fine with maf unplugged thought yes I’ve found my fault so bought a new maf sensor fitted it and arghhh it still stutters at low revs. Confusing me as it runs perfect with maf unplugged but puts the engine light on. Really hope some of you can help.
Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 08:03 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnanddonnamini View Post
Hi all hope you can help.
Just bought a Mini Cooper d 2010 March and its got a stutter did some googling and then disconnected the maf sensor car then runs fine with maf unplugged thought yes Iíve found my fault so bought a new maf sensor fitted it and arghhh it still stutters at low revs. Confusing me as it runs perfect with maf unplugged but puts the engine light on. Really hope some of you can help.
Thanks
John
seen something like this before customer had a lack of power issue and went online and found the disconnect the maff info done that then went on ebay and bought a maf sensor on price it even have a 5 year money back on it,, hmmm which he later found the maf must be fitted by a garage and give a garage bill for proof,,
short of the story was the cheap new maf was no good and caused the same issue ie out of spec as the resistances are not what the ecu needs to receive,, by disconnecting the maf the ecu automatically uses a set of preset fuel and running figures to keep car running, until the variable resistor ie the maf hot film or hot wire is back on line, the size of this wire must be perfect size and perfect wire make up to work correctly, the Chinese sourced ones are repo of the genuine thing and tend to either under fuel or over fuel or just not work,
genunie post march 2010 engine ie n47
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Mas...39e823c61c0d5c
pre 2010 march psa engine
genuine
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pierburg-...EAAOSw~XZb9~kN
IF THERES ONE SENSOR ON A ENGINE THAT MUST BE PERFECT ITS THIS IE MAF SENSOR.

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Could it be that when the maf is unplugged it bypasses the egr valve I’m wondering if egr valve is sticking open as when I checked codes egr valve was there. Thanks for your reply mike just wanting to try other things before spending £3/400 on a dealer maf

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 03:01 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnanddonnamini View Post
Could it be that when the maf is unplugged it bypasses the egr valve Iím wondering if egr valve is sticking open as when I checked codes egr valve was there. Thanks for your reply mike just wanting to try other things before spending £3/400 on a dealer maf
use the links above under £100 and genuine ones i included in the post, ten minute job to change over.
more than likely its a dpf filter/egr/soot build up in vnt of turbo is very common, need software to read it and see what is doing what, ie read the upstream and down stream pressure sensors for the dpf filter and maybe force regen or replace the filter, or send away to professional cleaners, a car with more than 75000 miles will be in the realms of this, best option is to diagnose it rather than hope, ie throw the cheapest part and hope that cures it.. and only way is diagnostics platform,, i recommend autocom cdp plus if doing it your self link below it will do all that and more dealer will lift £100-£300 for a scan and regen etc,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Blue...MAAOSw84ZcBUND

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Problem solved !! Took all air intake off and airbox off and a all the bottom clips round the back were snapped so box wa sucking air in new clips on and fingers crossed just done 30 mile and no judders thanks for your help.
mike1967 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in