Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:27 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Just back from a Devon - Birmingham airport roundtrip (via Warwick on the way back) - 460 miles, mainly motorway/dual-carriageway, 30 mins stop/start this morning, and some playing on A46..... Overall mpg on the display is 52mpg (cruise control on at indicated 70mph... +17%).

The car had 2000 miles on when I left home, so think I can live with that if mine manages the same.

post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2012, 10:18 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

England

Update: finally got my SD Hatch today! 70 mile round trip - fair old lick up & down dual carriageways, with 14 miles of fun in the twisties... Averaged 50mpg.

Car had 50 miles on the clock so not unhappy with that!

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2012, 09:35 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Had my Cooper SD match for 2 months and done 5000 miles in it (commute driving on dual carriageway / local roads).

Came from a Honda Civic Type R EP3 which is a very different driving style so having to adjust a lot!

Am very impressed with the fuel economy once I lost my rev-happy tendancies. Is averaging 56mpg doing a steady 65-70mph. Going above 70mph just kills off any fuel economy that there is to be had it seems (50-53mpg if crusiing speed is above 70mph and I push hard on acceleration).

Best test was an "Apollo 13 type home journey", where I set the cruise control to 58mph and did not use the brakes unless at a junction, and kept revs below 2,000rpm at all times. Only went above 58mph to get past a few lorries safey and without causing a tail back. Got 70.7mpg that journey so good figues are possible if you can bear it!

Am enjoying the change from the Type R's 4,000 rpm cruise at 70mph in 6th gear, which delivered 35mpg at best!
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Brighton based

United Kingdom Male

Send a message via Skype™ to hubix
England

After 5500 miles in half in approximately 2:1:1 city traffic, B roads, Motorways I've averaged about 51mpg. On motorway trips is has *nearly* done 60 at 70mph. A/C was on around 25% of the time. My mate and I decided to drive it as economically as possible on an empty road at night, barely touching the accelerator and gaining momentum on downslopes and we managed 74.1... it ain't fun tho!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in