Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom View Carlmelia's Indi Blue & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile

Thought I'd give a quick update on my (now ex) Countryman. Mini UK agreed to buy the vehicle back after I gave Mini FS and the dealer 14 days to remedy breach of contract under two separate laws; one applying to the dealer the other to Mini FS. Mini UK consulted with BMW AG and it then got resolved. Never got to the bottom of the engine problem but they seemed to move quick after they did an engineer inspection.

I was given the option of either a new factory ordered Countryman or walk away from the finance. I took the latter as I no longer have any faith or confidence in the Mini product. Owned three Mini's since the first BMW generation and this experience has convinced us never to return, was tempted with the X1 or 320d Touring but the Mini experience stopped us ordering from BMW.

So we picked up our new VW Tiguan SE Tdi 4motion last night and love it totally different from the Countryman in all the right ways, dealer great to deal with, good finance deal (paying 30 per month less than the Countryman), great discount and the dealer pulled out all the stops to urgently get me a car from VW UK central stock to meet my order - even sent a low loader down south to get it for me in three days. Car is great to drive and that is hard for me to say after being a Mini convert from a 16 year old buying an old Austin Mini 850 for 50 and spending the summer welding a new floor into it - halcyon days and happy memories and that's how I'll remember Mini - such a real shame that it resulted in my leaving Mini but my family and I are not missing the Countryman at all.

All I'd say is a certain large BMW/MINI dealer group in North West England are the worst for customer care I have ever come across in 25 years of buying new or nearly new cars. Mini UK and Mini FS when they spun into action were apologetic, wanted to make things right and apologised on behalf of the dealer even calling them to make the dealer settle the issue with me but the dealers Brand Manager was belligerent at best to the point of refusing to shake my hand when I handed the loan car back and I wished him all the best - now that is petty.

Thanks all and the best of luck with your Countryman's

Last edited by Carlmelia; Aug 1st, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
cjm

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View cjm's Classified Ads

Well done Carlmelia. I've had similar frustrations at 'peeling back the onion skin' to get past the reticence and belligerence of the outer layers of MINI management. And, I agree, it isn't pleasant.

Citizen's Advice Bureau were brilliant! They outlined my rights and suggested that I was 'minded' to give the dealer three attempts to resolve my thermostat issues within a reasonable time of 2 weeks before starting formal rejection proceedings.

Only at dealer-principle level was there any real concern to resolve my issues, so my advice will always be to escalate the problem into his/her area asap. It took me 6-7 months to find this out, though...

Feel empowered to 'name + shame'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in