Okay, I know this thread is likely to start a flame war telling me how stupid I am to even consider doing this, but this is not modding the car in any way. Bimmercode just sets options that are already there in the software. options that can easily be rolled back with a restore.
So here goes:
I want to change one or two things about how the car software behaves and have bought a suitable OBDII adapter and unlocked the Bimmercode app for coding.
The intended changes are:
1. Turn off hot/cold bulb tests for Stop lights, indicators and reversing light, to avoid flickering and hyper-flashing with LED bulb replacements. The coding for this seems to have worked.
2. Turn on tail lights together with Day-view driving lights. This was the standard in Scandinavia before alignment with EU rules and is still legal, although no longer standard. The coding option is there, but I haven't had a chance to test it in daylight yet.
3. Activate mirror-tilt when reversing. (I thought this should be enabled as standard, but it's deactivated). The coding option is there, but a simple engage reverse test while stationary in the garage didn't seem to work. Maybe the car needs to move??
4. Activate door handle lights in reverse (helps to view kerb through tilted mirror when reversing in dark). The coding option is there, but a simple engage reverse test while stationary in the garage didn't seem to work. Maybe the car needs to move??
5. Deactivate tailgate open from key fob. The coding option is there, but the setting just seemed to screw-up closing the tailgate again, without changing the opening. I think this needs to be done in Advanced mode, but what are the codes?
6. Start in Max Edrive as standard. I can't find a coding option for this, although start in comfort, Eco, Eco+, Sport and Sport+ are there. I tested changing to Eco and that did cause the car to start in "Green" mode. Not what I wanted but confirms the option works. If anyone knows of a similar, advanced option to start in Max Edrive, I'd be really pleased to know. The reason for this is that the car sometimes starts the petrol engine when I don't want it to, if it's running in normal eDrive.
Any Bimmercode experts on the forum? I'd be happy to hear from you.