LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2018, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:41 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Carplay absent from PHEV?

Evening ladies and gents,

Has anyone else taken delivery of a Countryman SE in the past few months and tried to use Apple Carplay?

I ordered my PHEV in August well after the price list had Carplay marked as standard for all Countryman models. Having taken delivery this week, on going through the steps detailled in the handbook to activate Carplay it is clear that the media unit (standard Nav Plus with 6.5" screen) is not compatible with Carplay.

I've asked the dealer a simpler question than this already that they couldn't answer so thought I'd seek advice here first.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2018, 10:32 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

I received my SE last week. CarPlay definitely working. Can be a bit laggy sometimes but am putting that down to having an older iPhone 6s.

I ordered mine at end of October, possibly start of November.

Out of interest, does your SE a have a centre console arm rest/glove box thingie? Mine doesn’t, and all the online photos and videos I’ve seen have one, I think.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2018, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Thanks. The car won't accept transmissions from Mini Connected and there are several features that the media system manual handbook says should be present that aren't so I presume a software update is required even though the website says it isn't.

My car doesn't have the centre armrest. The July 2018 price list states that the armrest is included with the Navigation Plus package (8.8" screen) which also features wireless phone charging so I presume the armrest is an optional extra for the SE.

I hadn't realised there would be no centre armrest/storage box when I ordered the car. Seems a bit cheapo on Minis part for a car that costs northwards of £30k.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2018, 11:06 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pars1 View Post
Thanks. The car won't accept transmissions from Mini Connected and there are several features that the media system manual handbook says should be present that aren't so I presume a software update is required even though the website says it isn't.

My car doesn't have the centre armrest. The July 2018 price list states that the armrest is included with the Navigation Plus package (8.8" screen) which also features wireless phone charging so I presume the armrest is an optional extra for the SE.

I hadn't realised there would be no centre armrest/storage box when I ordered the car. Seems a bit cheapo on Minis part for a car that costs northwards of £30k.
Iíd just assumed mine was the larger screen. Quite happy with it tbf, especially for what Iím paying. Will just have to buy some storage solutions on ebay 🤓
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2018, 11:52 AM
MINI2 Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I think itís only available with the 8Ē screen. Reason why I choose that one.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampma View Post
I think itís only available with the 8Ē screen. Reason why I choose that one.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
According to the Mini UK pricelists, Apple Carplay has been standard in all Countryman models since springtime 2018 irrespective of whether which media unit/navigation package is selected.

Have emailled customer services. Hoping that will get a quick solution given that it's a very clear and specific issue.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2018, 12:38 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

England Male

I didn't upgrade the navigation system, placed an order thru a Car Leasing company back in March 2018. However, can confirm that CarPlay definitely works on the car I received.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki2000 View Post
I didn't upgrade the navigation system, placed an order thru a Car Leasing company back in March 2018. However, can confirm that CarPlay definitely works on the car I received.
Thanks.

Interestingly, I finally managed to get the Mini Connected appt to connect partially to the car and following this a whole host of media system options have appearred that weren't there previously. Carplay was one of those options and it is working normally.

One thing that remains a problem is that the DAB radio doesn't display "now playing" information on artists/songs. Weirdly the FM radio does. There was a post on the interiors forum several months ago from someone else about this issue but no-one replied. Does your DAB radio display artist/song information?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 03:22 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

England Male

My DAB does, but my stupid dashcam interfers with the signal, so it often drops out... so much for the strength of digital...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2018, 02:39 PM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 08:41 AM
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Scotland

Garage
IIRC all 2019MY Europe spec PHEVs have ACP as standard - that is Countryman PHEVs built after March 2018, you just need to enable it with your phone and in the dash. TBH it annoys me as it becomes the default media system as soon as you start up the car so I have disabled the car WiFi in my phone so I don’t have to go several steps into the media menus to get back to DAB and Radio4 or Classic FM. Also be careful using it it via a smartphone, I used up a month’s data allowance very quickly listening to streamed radio channels instead of using DAB for free!

Driving along in my automobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in