MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Scotland

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eame64 View Post
I know what you mean Tim about the LR dealers,i too have had a Disco 3 and a freelander 2 which we had from new in 2010 and kept for six years and in 2014 was actually trying to buy the run out Freelander Metropolis but i didn't get any returned calls from any of the dealers i spoke to.Thats when i went to lexus which is a whole other world of customer service.But the freelander was a great car and i believe to this day still there most reliable.My brother is a LR or (JLR) as it is these days nut and like yourself has had quite a few, he even drives the Range Rover for work as he is chauffeur.I remember in one of your recent posts you were going to test drive the I-pace did this happen and what was your opinion?My brother also got lucky enough to have one over the christmas period and he loved it.
I still think JLR should have used the launch of the Velar to go Petrol Hybrid it was a perfect opportunity imho.
Myself and brother have both worked at the solihull plant in the nineties and his son still works there but i do fear for jobs with falling sales, also a huge number of families in the area rely on that employment.
I also notice you are a Ships Captain, i was in the Merchant Navy back in the early eighties and worked on RFA and the first Oriana as well as a little trip down south in 1982.
Same, I would go back to a Range Rover tomorrow but iím on the downward slope to retirement and they are hugely expensive now for what you get. I did drive the I-Pace but the high price put me off along with JLR not being great with Hitech electronics ............. the car is amazing and facebending acceleration too! I have a deposit on the next Defender but will it ever go into production, will it be sensibly priced and I just hope that it doesnít have Velar interior........ I hate everything about Velar and so do a lot of loyal LR fans. Since the interiors are all becoming Velar-a-alike many Sport owners are going to BMW and Mercedes-Benz after years and years of Range Rover ownership. The screens keep failing is the biggest issue and your friendly LR dealer just claims ďitís the way you use themĒ which isnít helpful - lord know what they will be like in 10-15 years time with a few 100,000 miles on them, valueless I would imagine.

eame64 likes this.

Driving along in my automobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Well they say next year for the defender with full reveal and prices this year but we have heard this before.Will you be keeping your current 90 or trading it in?

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2019, 05:28 PM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Scotland

Garage
I wonít be trading it in as to a dealer, at 23 years old and 90,000 miles on the clock I would get only scrap value for it. I have a queue of potential buyers looking for it even at todayís insured value of £19000........... I would sell the Countryman for a PHEV or SDv6 version if the price were below £40000 which I doubt it will be.
eame64 likes this.

Driving along in my automobile

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Well having had the Phev for a while now i have got quite comfortable with it and it is suiting me well.Have also noticed the range has increased slightly in the last couple of days as the temp rises outside.
Now i have the tethered charger fitted it makes charging a bit easier and quicker of course.I believe the grant from OLEV is stopping in April so i got myself a 7Kw fitted to future proof a little bit.
But overall I'm very happy with the Countryman thus far.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eame64 For This Useful Post:
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Out of interest i was wandering what type of Dashcam people are using in their countryman?
I would like one that is discreet and sits out of drivers view behind the rear view mirror, i'm also not bothered about it having a screen.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Mini noob

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Sweden

I personally use a Garmin dash cam 55. I installed it behind the mirror, on the right side (my car is with the driver on the left side). The quality is satisfactory at night and really good during the day, 1440p resolution.
I like also the fixed radar alert for Europe (subscription included in the purchase price).
eame64 likes this.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2019, 07:55 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

England Male

I've got the Thinkware F750 from my previous car which fitted well there. In the Countryman, not so good, I had to fit it just to the upper right of the rear view mirror, so the captured footage is a little off centre, but was better than fitting it under the mirror and obscuring my sight there. Did buy the camera many years ago though, but haven't had a need to upgrade it, believe new models are out now
ro_explorer and eame64 like this.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Mini noob

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Sweden

Just as an idea, this is how my G55 fits (I took the photos few days back but I forgot to add them ):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1924.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	227883   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1925.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	227885  
Shiki2000 and eame64 like this.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2019, 07:31 AM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

England Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_explorer View Post
Just as an idea, this is how my G55 fits (I took the photos few days back but I forgot to add them ):
hahah basically same as me, even though I'm driving a right hand drive car. My dashcam is much more wider though and forgot to mention I've got the rear dashcam as well. Not fun trying to hide the wire, one of the reasons why I never fitted it to my previous car
eame64 likes this.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2019, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

I still haven’t found one I’m totally happy with as yet,the Nextbase one I have in my Lexus sits completely out of view behind the rear view mirror and you forget it’s even there.i do have a spare one of these dash cams as well but it just doesn’t fit right in the countryman.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in