LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 11:53 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States Male

Discussion of Roadster?

Hmm - was hoping to see some updates or just general discussion of the roadster/coupe variants coming out in a bit.

Me, I'm looking at the roadster; had a deposit on a first-year S the fall before they were released in the US. Unfortunately, couldn't wait through that winter, so had to buy another car instead. This upcoming year, I'm hoping to correct that mistake with a Roadster S.

Anyone thinking about either the Roadster or Coupe also? I guess there won't be too many updates or magazine road tests until the spring, which will seem like a long time!

Roadster in my future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 12:53 PM

United Kingdom

The only stuff I've seen about them has been on motoringfile...

I'm not entirely convinced by the roof on the coupe although I imagine it will look better in the metal.

The roofless version looks pretty nice, not too girly. Although I hope they can get the handling right. It looks miles better than the standard soft tops (In my humble opinion).

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

United States Male

I'd agree with you on the current convertible. Plus, I'm hoping that, with it being smaller, the blind spots in the rear corners might be a bit more manageable as well.

Yes, any version with handling that is not up to snuff would be a major disappointment. That's really what got me interested in the Mini to begin with.

Roadster in my future

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

United States Male

Good discussion here!

I'm going to the Philadelphia auto show in a couple of weeks, and unfortunately, looks like the Roadster won't be there. Maybe at NYC show in April.

Would be great if you could do European Delivery somehow, like picking the car up at the BMW Welt center in Munich - that would be awesome.

Roadster in my future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in