The Big MINI Show - Sunday 15th September 2013 - Page 2 - MINI Cooper Forum

Mini Events Know of any upcoming events or trying to organize a local meet? Post and let us know about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 04:17 PM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

If MINI owners don't support the less established 'New MINI' shows like this and therefore help make them a success, those who do take the trouble and risks in organising them and getting traders to come along, won't be able to make them into an annual event.

Thanks for this post from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
The wife thinks its hers!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Male

The MINI community desperately need this show imo. Others have tried over that last 2-3 years but have not been given the support they deserved, however this one seems to be getting support from all over the country .

I understand one club are bringing in the order of 25 MINIs up from the south for their stand and folk are even coming down from Scotland for it. There are also going to be a lot of the community's favourite traders there.

This show is not to be missed .... rain or shine! And as for the 'my black car might get white sludge on it' comment .... shame on you!

Thanks for this post from:
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Simone Hayley Smith

Local Time: 05:17 PM

United Kingdom Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercub View Post
I have decided against going anyway. If it does rain I can't imagine what a black car would look like with white sludge all over it. .

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
fair enough and im sure it would be fine if you clean your car properly then it will just fall straight off when washed i know mine would

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View Tigercub's Midnight Black & Chili Red 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoneSmith16 View Post
fair enough and im sure it would be fine if you clean your car properly then it will just fall straight off when washed i know mine would
I understand what you are saying mate but my car is showroom condition never been driven in the wet and am a bit paranoid about it.would love to attend the show but always concerned about getting it damaged especially with so many people and children around. Might think I'm sad but there u go. Maybe it's not so bad and I might attend a show one day.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

i will hopefully turn up unless its belting it down looking forward to it
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Simone Hayley Smith

United Kingdom Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercub View Post
I understand what you are saying mate but my car is showroom condition never been driven in the wet and am a bit paranoid about it.would love to attend the show but always concerned about getting it damaged especially with so many people and children around. Might think I'm sad but there u go. Maybe it's not so bad and I might attend a show one day.

ah right i can see your problem but cars are meant to be driven it will with stand it even if you feel you dont want to drive it and when you get there you can just clean it or should put it on a stand or show and shine . if youve got a great car then might as well show it off ..
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2013, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male

Some nice pics in MT link below from the first Big MINI Show today:
The Big Mini Show - Sorted. - Page 19
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2013, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male

Message posted on behalf of Tony the Big Mini show organiser:
WOW I canít believe the show is over, and what a day!
Also thank you for battling through the weather and still showing up!
I am very pleased to say that we will be doing the show again next year and hopefully for many years to come!

I really hope we put on a show that you enjoyed and you felt was worthwhile, it was the first show and I know itís not the likes of MITP or Mini Festival (yet) but I hope we created something that New MINI Owners could call their own! We arenít a big event company, itís just me a MINI enthusiast and my family helping out on the day.

We had over 600 people attend the show yesterday which was great for the first year and with the weather the way it was!

We had 250 Minis On display which was a great site.

We raised a fantastic £240 for Cancer research in memory of GP Mick so thank you!

We had 15 Traders who all said it was a great day and better than expected so thank you for supporting them! Many ran out of products very quickly. I know some people have said it needed more traders, we would all love that, but it is very difficult to get traders to commit, I thought the ones who did attend made a great effort and did us proud. When contacting traders some said that itís not something they are interested in, others didnít have time this year and others wouldnít commit as it was the first show so hopefully we will get more on board next year!

I think the demos worked well, after your opinions on this? Big thanks to Autobrite for doing those.
We welcome all feedback, good and bad, you guys make the show so we want you to be happy, so without knowing what you thought we canít improve for next year! If you could take 5 minutes just to fill out a quick feedback form that would be great!
Show Feedback | The Big Mini Show

Thanks again for all the support. I will be confirming next yearís date within the next month or so.

See you all in 2014 unless I see you at a show or run soon!
Keep It MINI
Tony
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Simone Hayley Smith

United Kingdom Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01uk View Post
Some nice pics in MT link below from the first Big MINI Show today:
The Big Mini Show - Sorted. - Page 19
was a pretty good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in