IMM 2013 ? where Minis, people and nations come together - MINI Cooper Forum

Mini Events Know of any upcoming events or trying to organize a local meet? Post and let us know about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

IMM 2013 Ė where Minis, people and nations come together

IMM 2013 Report from Keith Adams of AustinRoverOnline:
"Being (the partner of) a very satisfied MINI First owner, I decided that the International Mini Meet 2013 was a great event to visit Ė helped not only by the fact that all the best Minis and their owners visit the IMM, but also that for 2013, itís being held at the Mugello racing circuit, in the heart of Tuscany, Italy.
I was going to drive down in my (partnerís) MINI First, but when she made loud grumbling noises reminiscent of the rear differential of my Lancia Integrale, I went with Plan B, borrowing a Clubvan (AKA ĎBritainís fastest vaní) from MINI UK, and hacking down in that instead. I went in convoy with my good friend Dave Smart (see his blogs, entitled Daveís Marvellous Mini of Doom) through Switzerland and Italy (and you can read all about that later), and had an absolutely brilliant time in the process.
I have to say, I absolutely love that little van Ė even if Iím the first to accept that itís not going to be the first choice of commercial vehicle for those looking to carry large loads on a Europallet. Think of it as the ideal cupcake or croissant delivery vehicle and youíll get the idea.

Of course, for this trip, the eventís the star, and I have to say that as a fan of Issigonisí Ďwizardry on wheelsí, the IMM2013 has been an absolute pleasure to be a part of.
For those who havenít been to IMM before, and who do have a love Ė or even curiosity Ė about Minis, itís well worth a trip. In 2014, the event takes place in Kent, so you wonít have to go quite as far as I have this year, but you might not find that you enjoy the drive quite as much fun. When I rolled into Scapreria, near Florence, the village that Mugello backs on to, the place was literally over-run by BMCís little blighters. They were everywhere, their owners hooting noisily and flashing their spotlights at each other Ė itís hard not to be overcome by such infectious enthusiasm."

"The Mini scene is young and vibrant. Itís a multi-faceted community united by its love of the cars. It doesnít matter how good, bad, or ugly your Mini is, itís as celebrated as the next car. The post-2001 MINIís presence is getting stronger and, from my first-hand experience, theyíre now very much part of the scene (very ably supported by its parent company), even if the real stars of the show were ten-feet and a quarter inches long and were designed by Alec Issigonis."

More here:
Blog : IMM - where Minis, people and nations come together - AROnline

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in