Child seats in the back of the Clubman?! - Page 2 - MINI Cooper Forum
MINIs, Children & Parents MINI as part of your family - For buggy, car seat and other child & baby related topics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Total MINI dot com!!
 
Rakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Total MINI dot com!!
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 50,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Rakey's Classified Ads
                     
Not tried any seats in there yet, but the best Britax seat in the standard MINI hatch is the Explora 123, but as soon as possible will try one in there

Rakey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
MINI2 Senior
 
cook1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Fleet, Hampshire, UK
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View cook1e's Indi Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakey View Post
Not tried any seats in there yet, but the best Britax seat in the standard MINI hatch is the Explora 123, but as soon as possible will try one in there
Rakey,

The problem with the clubman is that as standard it comes with 3 seat positions in the back and the seat belt sockets are therefore too close to the side of the car to get a normal child seat in place. We had a clubman demonstrator on loan for a weekend and our Britax seats that fit the tin top Mini OK (The Elite for my 5 year old and the Evolva for my 7 year old) were just too wide for the clubman with 3 seats due to the seta belt sockets.

There is an spec option to have 2 seats in the back of the clubman so I'm presuming that this would be a much better option for child seats.

cook1e is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 No.1
 
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Milton Keynes
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 42,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

England Male
           
Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
That (the width) and the "raised" nature of the ISOFIX points due to the different seat bench/folding.
Paul is offline  
 
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Total MINI dot com!!
 
Rakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Total MINI dot com!!
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 50,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Rakey's Classified Ads
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cook1e View Post
Rakey,

The problem with the clubman is that as standard it comes with 3 seat positions in the back and the seat belt sockets are therefore too close to the side of the car to get a normal child seat in place. We had a clubman demonstrator on loan for a weekend and our Britax seats that fit the tin top Mini OK (The Elite for my 5 year old and the Evolva for my 7 year old) were just too wide for the clubman with 3 seats due to the seta belt sockets.

There is an spec option to have 2 seats in the back of the clubman so I'm presuming that this would be a much better option for child seats.
Problem that our fitting team have is that MINI dealers are not that friendly in letting us go in a try out the seats on their premises

Got a service on Tuesday, so hoping my loaner might be a Clubman, but doubt it will happ
Rakey is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
 
ItsNumptyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Deep In Equations
Local Time: 06:42 PM
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View ItsNumptyBoy's Classified Ads
 
Ordered my Dubman on Thursday for delivery 30/06.

I currently use a Maxi Cosi Tobi in my X3.....size of seat was not an issue in this vehicle..but quality of fit was....which is why I ended up with this seat and none of the isofix seats that I tried.

I am now a little concerned about how well this seat will transfer into the new Clubbie. We also have a fine selection of Maxi Cosi XP's (wife's car, mother in law's car, child minder's car ) so I will be able to give a good idea of how these two models of maxi cosi fit shortly.

If they fit badly........then no doubt I shall be able give good fitting reports on all of the different models that I test....if that will help others in the future.
ItsNumptyBoy is offline  
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Local Time: 06:42 PM
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England
 
Hi all,
Happy Clubman owner here, but one with an 11 month old who needs a front facing car seat. Which seats definately fit in the back.? Only one I can find on the thread so far that's recommended is the Kiddy Life Pro, any more fit?
iwsmithy is offline  
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Waiting for Works Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
It sounds like the problems are limited to the "3 rear seats" option. I could tell from the brochure that to comfortably fit one child seat (and we need two), the "2 rear seats" box was going to have to be ticked.
ViscountCharles is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
 
ItsNumptyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Deep In Equations
Local Time: 06:42 PM
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View ItsNumptyBoy's Classified Ads
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountCharles View Post
It sounds like the problems are limited to the "3 rear seats" option. I could tell from the brochure that to comfortably fit one child seat (and we need two), the "2 rear seats" box was going to have to be ticked.
We use the Maxi Cosi Tobi...........BUT......I also selected only 2 seats as an option.

The positioning of the clasps etc looked really obstructive on the 3 seat option if intending to fit child seats. I guess that an isofix option would still fit well....so long as the bases get a good foundation on the squab that is
ItsNumptyBoy is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 
just picked up new clubman the other day, moved from a cooper and didnt even try the seats in the clubman before i bought it.

I have a britax isofix seat which works fine, and a britax evolva 123 (standard seat which harness can be removed to become booster seat) which also fits. the only difference is that because the seat belt fixings are not in the centre, the belt is a little hard to slot in on the non-isofix seat. This doesn't really bother me, because once the seats are in, I don't move them regularly. two isofix seats would fit fine. I can see problems in a few years once the harness is removed and the seat acts as a booster seat with standard seat belt fixing, however, maybe by then they will have designed an isofix booster seat. why isn't there one of those yet?
spot is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
We have had a clubman for about 3 weeks,the mamas and papas car seats are impossible to do up correctly,daniel age 9 is in a booster and sits behind driver,samuel age 3 is in the smaller child seat behind front passenger,but unfortunately i have to do the seat belts up in the opposite anchorage, I have now contacted BMW,if anyone else is having a problem,let me know and I will put together a large complaint direct to BMW,maybe they might listen if we all shout loud enough together

ian&jane is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Total MINI dot com!!
 
Rakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Total MINI dot com!!
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 50,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Rakey's Classified Ads
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian&jane View Post
We have had a clubman for about 3 weeks,the mamas and papas car seats are impossible to do up correctly,daniel age 9 is in a booster and sits behind driver,samuel age 3 is in the smaller child seat behind front passenger,but unfortunately i have to do the seat belts up in the opposite anchorage, I have now contacted BMW,if anyone else is having a problem,let me know and I will put together a large complaint direct to BMW,maybe they might listen if we all shout loud enough together
It won't do anything, as they provide the option to purchase MINI car seats, thats all they need to do, they don't need to ensure that other companies products fit their car.

Very few manufacturers work with the baby car seat manufacturers to develop their cars to work with our products.
Rakey is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
but not British
 
English's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LKN
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States Female
 
United-States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook1e View Post
Rakey,

The problem with the clubman is that as standard it comes with 3 seat positions in the back and the seat belt sockets are therefore too close to the side of the car to get a normal child seat in place. We had a clubman demonstrator on loan for a weekend and our Britax seats that fit the tin top Mini OK (The Elite for my 5 year old and the Evolva for my 7 year old) were just too wide for the clubman with 3 seats due to the seta belt sockets.

There is an spec option to have 2 seats in the back of the clubman so I'm presuming that this would be a much better option for child seats.
Forgive me for making this my first post. I'm new here
We ordered my 09 Clubman S on the 24th. The Clubmans that I've seen and driven only had 2 seat belt sets in the back seat. I'm sure I didn't specifically ask about this, so I am wondering if I should contact my MA and inquire about this. I have 2 children in seats. One in a booster and one in a Britax car seat. When we took the car on a test drive, I had no issues putting the britax in the back seat.

is the 3 seat belt position only standard for Euro delivery cars?
English is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 No.1
 
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Milton Keynes
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 42,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

England Male
           
Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
As far as I'm aware the US spec comes with two rear seats, three as an option, but you might want to triple check with the dealer, just to be certain.
Paul is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Total MINI dot com!!
 
Rakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Total MINI dot com!!
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Posts: 50,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Rakey's Classified Ads
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
Forgive me for making this my first post. I'm new here
We ordered my 09 Clubman S on the 24th. The Clubmans that I've seen and driven only had 2 seat belt sets in the back seat. I'm sure I didn't specifically ask about this, so I am wondering if I should contact my MA and inquire about this. I have 2 children in seats. One in a booster and one in a Britax car seat. When we took the car on a test drive, I had no issues putting the britax in the back seat.

is the 3 seat belt position only standard for Euro delivery cars?
And your US Britax seats are different to the European ones too
Rakey is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2009, 06:38 AM
DeK
Dominique et Karine
 
DeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: near BASEL
Local Time: 08:42 PM
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

France
 
Send a message via MSN to DeK
France

I have the similar problem, i must use the second clip.

I have chance, i have only a child....

I use the Maxi-cosy Rodi.

I don't have this problem with my another coupé, an attic for a MINI is designed for family
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	siègeclubman.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	156999  

our 8 is: Countryman R60 Royal Grey-Black
http://www.motorlegend.com/membre/dek.html
DeK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply
Tags: , , ,


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problems with folding seats back curryman777 First Generation Faults & Fixes 2 Apr 24th, 2013 09:58 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome