Car seat for toddler - MINI Cooper Forum
MINIs, Children & Parents MINI as part of your family - For buggy, car seat and other child & baby related topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

United-Kingdom Car seat for toddler

hello, i just joined the forum as i am desperately looking for suitable car seat for my 15 month old. i have mini one 03 (with isofix!) my bub is still riding in infant seat, and i managed to do this for a year without isofix base , so i'm still debating wether i really need this now for the bigger seat.
please share your experiences with me witch seat fits the best for mini one and as well is comfy for the little one. i am thinking about maxi cosy toby. Anyone has any advice on this car seat? thank you very much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2011, 06:09 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

im a nanny and have used/ have got several carseats this is what i have..............

i have the tobi which is gret. very solid and doesnt move at all and has a lovely recline (although stiff at first it does loosen over time). its got a very narrow bottom which is great for the mini as buckle crunch can be a problem. i like to springing straps and the easy strap height adjustment. the tobi sits quite high in the car so little one gets a good view out of the side windows. all in all very good!

however, i also have a britax evolva 123 which is just as great. again very solid. it takes me a little longer to fit in the car as you have to put your knee into the seat and pull the belt tight where the tobi has the seatbelt tentioner to do this for you. once in tho it doesnt move at all. it only has one recline which you have to take the seat out to do but personally when my young charges were small i just kept it in recline position. lovely big head rest which gives lots of side impact protection, the tobi does have side impact protection too.

i love both seats and would have no worries putting a 15mth old in either. just depends which you prefer.

will add some photos later if you want.

hope this helps.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

britax evolva 123 and maxi cosi tobi side by side.
picture one of headrests and harnesses in lowest position, second photo of headrests and harnesses on highest position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2612.jpg
Views:	2428
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	162133   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2617.jpg
Views:	3576
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	162134   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2615.jpg
Views:	1223
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	162135  

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Local Time: 11:33 AM

United Kingdom

My ex used to work for a cab firm and they had car seats that they would put in the cab because child is irritating during the driving,it's not a legal requirement though, personally I would not put my children in a seat,seats belt is very important for the child because with out it child never be safe...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:51 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

I would not put my children in a seat
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:28 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Canada Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJStephens View Post
I would not put my children in a seat
Just for clarification because habi222's babbling doesn't make sense.... you wouldn't put your toddler in a child's car seat or a regular seat? I would hope you would make use of a child car seat and properly fasten it down like they're designed to be...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2014, 11:22 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 11:33 AM

United Kingdom Male View Silverado's Pure Silver & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile

I've used a Britax Evolva 123 for the last 2 years. Once you get the knack it's very easy to fit. The toddler is 3 1/2 now and finds it comfortable and soon drops off to sleep. We keep it permanently in the recline position. I'd recommend it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2014, 05:31 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom View Chubbygold's Classified Ads

One of my freinds has a recaro one, looks awsome.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:48 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Regular

England

Have used a Besafe iZiGo ISOFIX since my son was born, and am about to replace with a new izi Kid i-Size seat. Both are rear facing and the i-size version meets the new side impact and weight/height standards.

It will take up a fair bit of room so we'll probably find that as I'm tall and tother half is short, I will end up doing the driving.

We'll keep him rear facing for as long as possible because that is the safest way to travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in