Rear facing seat? - MINI Cooper Forum
MINIs, Children & Parents MINI as part of your family - For buggy, car seat and other child & baby related topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rear facing seat?

Hello everyone. I'm sure this question has been asked but several searches have given me nothing recent.

My husband and I welcomed our baby daughter in late February. I own a 2013 Mini Cooper S. I attempted to take her to the pediatrician last week and discovered that my current infant seat, a Chicco keyfit 30, does not fit into the backseat even with the passenger seat pushed all the way forward.

In two weeks, my daughter will be 8 weeks old and able to leave the house. Does anyone know of another car seat brand that will fit? I do not care about having a passenger in the car, at all. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 08:33 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

United States Male

I find that very surprising. The Chicco KeyFit 30 is the one we bought because it fit into our MINI the best out of the three we tried. It was the only one that fit through the door opening and into the back seat without bumping because it is narrower than the others. And it was the one that we could snug the base down the tightest so the seat and base would not wiggle a bit when it was snapped in- it felt like part of the car, really.

I have to ask- have you read the instructions thoroughly? Are you holding down the base with the "Latch" system? Your 2013 is technically a different car than our 2002/2003 models but I don't believe that the interior dimensions got smaller- at least not small enough to cause a car seat to not fit.

Don't know your location, but here in the states there's lots of hospitals that will help you install car seats at monthly events.

P.S.- when she gets older you might want to investigate the Orbit Baby line of toddler seats and bases. The seat rotates to allow you to put your baby in and then spin them around backwards. Little Hazel loves hers!

Val

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 09:22 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I second Val's input here. I don't speak from direct experience, but my sister has an infant seat in hers.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2015, 10:05 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We use the Chicco seats, and it fits without problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in