2002 Mini Cooper R50 Baby Seat No Isofix!?? - MINI Cooper Forum
MINIs, Children & Parents MINI as part of your family - For buggy, car seat and other child & baby related topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:45 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Unhappy 2002 Mini Cooper R50 Baby Seat No Isofix!??

Hi there, I have a 2002 Mini Cooper with the half leather half fabric seats (chilli pack I believe) with NO ISOFIX, after days spent stressfully going to Mothercare, Halfords etc i've yet to be able to buy a seat new that will fit my car safely due to the bucket shape that mini inconveniently designed. I've been advised by staff at these places that there are no seats available for my car on the market. Now I know there must be some people out there that have got seats that fit without stuffing a towel underneath and other similar bodges to get them to fit, please someone tell me what are the seats that people have successfully fitted with belt fitment, i'm desperate and do not want to part with my car as I love it and I did not realise the lack of appropriate seats on the market!

Thanks in advance
Molly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2016, 04:37 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

United States Male

How about a picture of your seats? I'm assuming that are you referring to the rear seats- I don't think they make ISOFIX (we call it "Latch" here in the states) for front seats. We have a 2002 and 2003 MINI and they both have the Latch things in the rear seat. I've seen lots of MINIs and have never seen rear seats without the Latch system. It's behind little plastic covers in the rear seats. We used the Chicco KeyFit 30 infant seat in our MINI- it was the best fitting one as far as putting it in- it was narrow enough to easily go behind the front seat when it was fully forward. Chicco is in an Italian company; I don't think the KeyFit 30 is available in Europe but they must have something similar. And yes, I did have to put a rolled up small towel under the seat but the Latch system tightens the seat down so much there are no problems with it being loose. Post a picture and good luck!

Val

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in