Few weeks ago I decided to tackle the headlights, they'd been fine for years, but went like this all of a sudden
This was the guide I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM
End results, much better, but close up you can see some lacquer runs so may do again in the future
Something I'd forgotten to mention, upon removing the subframe I damaged an outer ball joint. Luckily I had a spare.
But upon removing the hub (as I'd rather be bashing it like this than risk damaging the driveshaft etc) I really really wish I'd bought a wheel bearing when I saw the old one
Got the car serviced at Lohen, they picked up on a few things:
- Wheel bearing that I wished I'd changed above, so they changed that as I was getting the tracking done also.
- Rocker cover leak, they sorted that with a new gasket.
- Sump pan leak, which I'll sort eventually, I bought the gasket over 2 years ago!!
- Intercooler boots cracking. I'd noticed that when I changed the HT leads and coilpack a few months ago, just annoyed with myself that I've forgotten!!
- CV joint knackered. So I've went against the 'buy cheap, buy twice' and bought J&R driveshafts after hearing nothing but glowing reviews from other Mini owners.
- Slipping serpentine belt, they put on the spare I had but still the same. I bought a new belt tensioner over 4 years ago - time I change it then!!!
New intercooler boots
Bad news, one of the small bolts sheared.
New driveshafts yet to fit
So I've taken the car off the road because of the sheared belt tensioner bolt, but should be fine to take somewhere the get a replacement timing cover swapped over.
Which leads me to the fact that I may as well get the timing chain and guides changed at that time too...
Never ending spending...