MINI Cooper Forum banner

Any singapore mini one or cooper owners around ?

118K views 1K replies 84 participants last post by  trek 
#1 ·
Looking for opinions and experiences of minione or cooper owners in Singapore as to maintainance and performance issues etc.

#4 ·
red_k said:
Hi trek,
haven't seen u around lately, are you going to the Autochallenge at on 29 and 30 Nov? :red: :red: :red:

red_k,

Ok, now I'm just GUESSING who you are! Haha! Was sick in bed so couldn't turn up at Kallang. Don't know if I'll be at the Autochallenge.. any Minis taking part? :D Are YOU taking part? :D

#5 ·
:p I hope you are guessing who u are guessing...

nope, i am not participating, though i think there may be a session where we (minis) may be allowed to do tryouts, nothing competitive, just pure fun... :D

still waiting for the final word on this.. :rolleyes:
but i will definitely be there...let us know if you are popping by.. :red:

#7 ·
hi again

any of u people care to share any maintainance or defects so far with new minis in singapore. The increase in the discount from 3k to 5k to 8k for the mini by perf. motors indicates to me that yhey are getting rid of old 2003 stock to make way for the 2004 ones. anyone got a view ?

#8 ·
Hiya all

Thanks Eugene, Roger and Chee Kong for yr comments...i guess if we wanted, we would all go for the cooper S but it's pricing is out of reach at moment . sad to say but i'm quite used to autos. hmmm, don't plan to get one now, waiting for next year as heard the 2004 model coming out . besides , makes more economic sense for me cos i dont need to top up much for my current loan. I guess all cars have their gripes and it is the same with my current pajero mini - lots of faults, alchoholic but u learn to live and love it for all it's imperfections. Hey Eugene, yr blue cooper looks cool. hmm, Chee kong, how come yr mini one is thirsty ? read reviews in Autocar that the minis are light drinkers.

#12 ·
Yes, I like it. Experience some squeaking noise from the windows. Going back to PML next week to get it fix.
BTW, any of you (MiniOne) has upgraded to 17-inch rim? I'm thinking some changing to the S-spoke 17-inch rim...it seems that 205/45R17 tires are very rare in S'pore...

#17 ·
Hi welcome ! do share with us your experience with the minione. your minione comes with the options ? what did u invest your $5000 or $8000 rebate on ? any sunroof ?
u bought a copy of this month's wheels ? pg 48 Starautos advert , there's a 16 inch Millenium Torino alloy rim that i think would go well with the mini.

#19 ·
minione1 said:
Hi welcome ! do share with us your experience with the minione. your minione comes with the options ? what did u invest your $5000 or $8000 rebate on ? any sunroof ?
u bought a copy of this month's wheels ? pg 48 Starautos advert , there's a 16 inch Millenium Torino alloy rim that i think would go well with the mini.

hey thanks. I haven't decided firmly on what accessories to get yet. A rev counter for sure. Maybe white tailights with matching white 3rd brake light and side indicators. Maybe a roof spoiler and wheels (this one is a toughie.... now do i get minilites 15s or should i get the cooper STAR 16s?). Chrome tailpipe.

What have you got on yours? And what colour?

#20 ·
BanzaiGTti said:
hey thanks. I haven't decided firmly on what accessories to get yet. A rev counter for sure. Maybe white tailights with matching white 3rd brake light and side indicators. Maybe a roof spoiler and wheels (this one is a toughie.... now do i get minilites 15s or should i get the cooper STAR 16s?). Chrome tailpipe.

The 15 inch holeys are the best! Light and good-looking! :D

BTW, it took a while before PML believed that the One's original tailpipe has to be trimmed to fit the chrome one. You should have no problems with yours since I was the guinea pig :cool:

#21 ·
SeeYa said:
Hi fellow MNI lovers, I am on a bussines trip and seen a Light Blue, White roof Cooper S today strips down the side. Anyone know where to get these strips.
Hello SeeYa,
Hope you are enjoying your stay in Singapore.
You've just seen one of our veteran Mini enthusiasts... his stripes were custom made by a decal guy... looks good doesn't it.. but he doesn't post here on MINI2...

Guess you could do the same back home... :p

#23 ·
BanzaiGTti said:

Hi Banzai...
Welcome to the Mini fraternity... :red:

Bitten by the Mni bug eh...
same here :D started accessorising even b4 i got my Mini... :D :D :D

#24 ·
trek said:
The 15 inch holeys are the best! Light and good-looking! :D

BTW, it took a while before PML believed that the One's original tailpipe has to be trimmed to fit the chrome one. You should have no problems with yours since I was the guinea pig :cool:

I kinda like the white 5-star 16"s. It's unique cos you don't see em on any other car (other than a mini, of course). Was thinking of going aftermarket but i'm kinda sold on the "Stock cooper " look. Anybody you know getting rid of a set? heh.

Anyway, what problems have you encountered with your ONE? Or rather... what problems should I be expecting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.