MINI Cooper Forum banner

A few little problems

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TheBini 
#1 ·
Hi all,

If got a 57 plate Mini One and have noticed a few problems that dont seem quite right considering its a brand new, ill put up the list and can you let me knwo if you have the same issues and what youve done about them.

1) Drivers window seems to creak/squish against the door seal when going over rough surfaces.
2) Water comes in the top of passenger window when washing, only a little though.
3) After winding windows up the inside of front windows get a covering of moisture in the very front bottom corner as if door wet on inside.

Anyone else have these problems?

Matthew :D

#4 ·
Yes - Gummipflege (available from BMW dealers at about £3) will cure the noise from dried out rubber against glass.

On the window that leaks, is the window going up properly when you close the door. Try resetting the position of them by holding up the levers for 5 seconds or so when the doors are closed.

If not, get the dealer to have a look at it.

#6 ·
I have recently had some significant warranty issues rectified on my 07 MSC... These included a new fuel pump and new gearbox. By the way thank you to all users of mini2 as it has helped me get an understanding of why my car had these probs and that i wasn't alone... The dealer had no explanations (AS USUAL) except to say "nothing is bulletproof". Doing my own reading I learned that the fuel pump was due to using ethanol blended fuel and the gearbox was related to the screeching sound it makes between the 2nd and 3rd gear which I honestly didn't think too much of...

Anyhoo, I am wondering whether these parts (fuel pump and gearbox) have been replaced with superseded parts or they have simply wacked the same thing back on...? It troubles me that a gearbox and fuel pump have a shelf life of a mere 18 months!!!

Secondly (and on another topic) has anyone else had a dealer service tech tell them that they should be flogging their car (which is aussie lingo for "driving hard"...). I found it kind of wierd but it made sense as he said that the MCS have performance engines and should be driven hard... Is this true? if so to what extent can you drive them hard?

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.