Think I've finally got the one - Page 2 - MINI Cooper Forum

Second Generation MINI Cooper S MINI Cooper S Late 2006 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
MCS AB Owner! =D

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Tunster's Astro Black & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfondavis View Post
I've just been looking on a couple of sites that sell second hand cars and was a bit shocked at the drop in price within a year.

So lets say I was to get a second hand car close to what I want, or even just the colour and chili pack, would it be possible to go into a dealership or somewhere to add the extras when I could afford them and keep the TLC/warranty (if it came with the second hand car)??

i.e I buy a dark silver 2007 MCS with the chili pack and after a month of having it I decide I would like to have the PDC, MFSW and the comfort control thing (don't think I would ever go for this option). Would it be possible?

If it was possible would it cost a lot more than what mini say they are to add on your mini from new?
You would only be able to add exterior/interior bits or plonk on JCW accessories. Any spec'd stuff as you want (PDC, MFSW, comfort control) can only be added at factory.

So you really have got to decide whether you want to wait for the perfect used MCS to come or order a new one to your spec which you'll get within 8 weeks. I went for a new one as my finances got far better and could afford what I wanted. Very happy with my Astro Black MCS .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 09:20 PM

Wales Male

Send a message via MSN to arfondavis
Gutted, thought I had a way of getting the MCS I wanted on the cheap

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:03 AM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 09:20 PM

Scotland Male View FergusM's Dark Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

PDC could be added after market.....

I'll sell you my Dark Silver, June 2007 MCS with MFSW, DSC, Chilli, Black roof, 17" flame alloys, chrome mirror caps, DSC, LSD, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, smoker pack (but dont smoke), Exterior mirror pack, visibility pack, heated mirrors / windscreen, rain sensor / auto lights on, colour line rooster red, matching rooster red bits on seats, Auto air con (not part of chilli), dark head lining, darkenened rear glass, First aid kit & triangle. JCW aero body kit and ipod kit + TLC....only 8.5k miles

Plus it's been to new ministuff and had the full stereo upgrade with tweeters added...and a parrot bluetooth kit.

Probably selling next month as I have a new job and will be getting a company car...if interested PM me.

Not an exact matching....but I paid 22k or so for the car and will be taking a big hit... would hate for someone else to do same without at least warning them....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in