post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

United-States Cooper S White Wheels

Greetings,

I'm pretty sure I caught the MINI fever and can't stop looking for MINI videos, reviews, articles, test drives, etc. I just got back from the dealer and want to order my Cooper S soon, but wanted some opinions on the options.

Has anyone seen/bought the 16" Bridge Spoke White wheels? I'm curious how easy they are to keep white. I wanted them to match my roof/mirrors, but not if the paint (anodizing?) chips or otherwise wears easily.

In case you're still reading, I'm also looking at, and welcome input on the following:
Cold Weather Package
Limited Slip Diff
Cloth Carbon Interior
Piano Black, Fluid Silver, or Brushed Alloy interior
Driving Lamps Black (undecided)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 09:16 AM

Canada View grodenglaive's Lightning Blue & White 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Hi Hobbes,
In case you haven't ordered yet:
I really like the look of the white rims with the white roof, but they were not available when I bought mine. I got white aftermarket wheels for the winter and I can tell you they look brown most of the time (we get a lot of snow, slush, road salt). Also the BMW brake pads produce a lot of black dust, so the wheels need to be cleaned often, even in the summer. Looks good though.

The LSD is good in the snow, or if you autocross/track your car. It is very cheap compared to an aftermarket install.
I have the brushed alloy interior and it looks and feels good (it is real metal not plastic).

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2009, 05:55 PM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 02:16 PM

United Kingdom Male View The Eggman's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View The Eggman's Classified Ads

White Wheels, I have Team Dynamics look great but you do need to clean REGULAR but it's the same with silver etc. Mine are 5 spoke so very easy to clean on the inside, pics' on this site so check my posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2009, 06:05 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 01:16 PM

United Kingdom

hi,

I had white wheels fitted when i bought my Mini in 2004. And i would say, only have white wheels if you are going to clean them every week as they dirty really quickly. I tried most of the products on the market and found wonder wheels by car plan was by far the best (not sure if available in u.s).. its recomended that you dont use this product on lacquer'd wheels but mine still look as fresh as the day i bought it....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2009, 06:41 PM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 02:16 PM

United Kingdom Male View The Eggman's Dark Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View The Eggman's Classified Ads

I just clean with car shampoo yea and loads of "Elbow Grease" about once a fortnight !!
BE WARNED, if you have powder coated coloured calipers steer well clear of wheel cleaners.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 01:16 PM

United Kingdom Female View Taralinzi's Classified Ads

go onto detailingworld and look for a company called autobrite (i think)...they do a water based cleaner with a foam spray bottle for 20, its called 'very cherry wheel cleaner' and comes in a 5ltr bottle..... you dilute it to say 1:20 or 1:30 and your away

spray it on two wheels at a time, leave for 2-5 mins depending how hot the weather is, then jet wash off, and hey presto clean wheels and you dont have to touch them once!! may require 2nd application for heavy dirt.... i cant recommend this stuff anough and it has to be used to be believed. Only thing id say is that you have to use a pressure washer or else it wont work (not necessarily on the highest pressure setting)

much better than acid or alkaline based products and less likely to erode your wheels

oh and the misus is picking up a laser blue cooper S with chilli pack and white wheels on Friday from sheffield Mini...looks awesome

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in