2011 Mini Cooper S 6 speed convertible pulls to left when accelerating - MINI Cooper Forum

Second Generation MINI Cooper S MINI Cooper S Late 2006 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2011 Mini Cooper S 6 speed convertible pulls to left when accelerating

Hello,
2011 mini cooper s pulls to the left upon medium to hard acceleration. I am assuming it is torque steer? It has an N18 engine and 43,000 miles. I checked all ball joints, suspension, front axles, and everything is pristine. The car was driven by a female nurse and her average speed was 30.5 mph. One owner, still smells new inside.
I see there are some other posts that also say the mini pulls to the left. Could someone with a S model with a N18 6 speed chime in and let me know if their Mini S 6 speed does the same thing?
It pulls left pretty hard in 1st gear and second gear. It feels like someone has the steering wheel and trying to steer left. In 3rd gear it starts to reduce the left pulling.
My theory is that the faster you go in speed, the wheels, especially the left front tire, spins fast enough that the tire acts like a gyroscope.

Thanks

Last edited by 1bert1; Apr 25th, 2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: add info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in